LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 339 users in the forums

One reason Singletary is becoming unlikeable...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He's not a head coach, the 0-4 record is a more accurate reflection of singletary's cluelessness about football than last year's 8-8, 3-4 game win streaks (those are just luck/against chump teams), this season is a blessing, finally everyone can see how worthless singletary and a smith are

Jake Locker QB 2011
Jason Garrett HC 2011
Singletary forgot to thanks the Saints, Chiefs, & Falcons for whooping his tail
At least he could show some personality in his pressers. Check out ex-Tampa Bay Bucs head coach John McKays quotes:

On hearing how Buc kicker Pete Rajecki was nervous about McKay watching him in the 1976 pre-season - "That's unfortuntate as I plan on attending all the games."

On an interception thrown by Steve DeBerg in 1984 that cost the Bucs a game against the Giants - "It was thrown to nobody. Well, it was thrown to somebody, Harry Carson. But he happened to be playing for the New York Giants at the time. It would have been a good pass if Harry had been playing for us."

On losing a key game - "I told our players that there were 700 million Chinese people in the world who didn't even know the game was played. The next week, I got five letters from China asking "What happened?"

After the Bucs broke their 26-game losing streak - "Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."

On recruiting his son John to play for USC and then the Bucs - "I had an advantage - I slept with his mother."

On the weaknesses of linebacker Hugh Green: ``He's not twins.''

On Bill Capece, who was waived in 1983 after missing a field goal and extra point: ``Capece is kaput.''

On the Bucs' 42-0 loss to Pittsburgh on a very cold day: ``I remember in Pittsburgh we had no players and the ones we did have wanted to stay at the hotel by the fire. I was ticked because that's where I wanted to stand.''

On fan mail he received as a Tampa Bay coach: ``It was about three-to-one that I was not an SOB. But there were a lot of ones.''

On opening days: ``Opening games make me nervous. To tell the truth, I'd rather open with our second game.''

On why coaching an expansion team is a religious experience: ``You do a lot of praying, but most of the time the answer is `No.' ''

Q: "what do you think about the execution of the offense?"
A: "I'm in favor of it."
At least he could show some personality in his pressers. Check out ex-Tampa Bay Bucs head coach John McKays quotes:

On hearing how Buc kicker Pete Rajecki was nervous about McKay watching him in the 1976 pre-season - "That's unfortuntate as I plan on attending all the games."

On an interception thrown by Steve DeBerg in 1984 that cost the Bucs a game against the Giants - "It was thrown to nobody. Well, it was thrown to somebody, Harry Carson. But he happened to be playing for the New York Giants at the time. It would have been a good pass if Harry had been playing for us."

On losing a key game - "I told our players that there were 700 million Chinese people in the world who didn't even know the game was played. The next week, I got five letters from China asking "What happened?"

After the Bucs broke their 26-game losing streak - "Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."

On recruiting his son John to play for USC and then the Bucs - "I had an advantage - I slept with his mother."

On the weaknesses of linebacker Hugh Green: ``He's not twins.''

On Bill Capece, who was waived in 1983 after missing a field goal and extra point: ``Capece is kaput.''

On the Bucs' 42-0 loss to Pittsburgh on a very cold day: ``I remember in Pittsburgh we had no players and the ones we did have wanted to stay at the hotel by the fire. I was ticked because that's where I wanted to stand.''

On fan mail he received as a Tampa Bay coach: ``It was about three-to-one that I was not an SOB. But there were a lot of ones.''

On opening days: ``Opening games make me nervous. To tell the truth, I'd rather open with our second game.''

On why coaching an expansion team is a religious experience: ``You do a lot of praying, but most of the time the answer is `No.' ''

Q: "what do you think about the execution of the offense?"
A: "I'm in favor of it."
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
if Clements had gone down like he was supposed to and not thinking about doing the damn Dougie dance instead of securing the ball, Sing would be more likeable this week , I'm sure of it.
Maybe Sing is having a hard time adjusting to a coach from a player and does he have a mentor? does he want to coach like Dikta,but Sing does not have a coordinator as bright as Ryan
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by wailers15:
People will like him again once we start winning. Don't worry, winning cures everything.

lol bulls**t not me. i saw this comign a mile away, and his press conference after the atl game booked it. He is not a HC in this league. He doesn't understand what it takes to be a head coach, rah rah rah doesn't get u into the playoffs, X's & O's, hell he's patheitc when it comes to addressing the media. Hell he has a meltdown with dennis o'donnel. pathetic

If we were 4-0 you wouldn't be feeling the way you currently do, and would not want him fired. Period.

But we're NOT 4-0, and we've never been 4-0 with Sing as coach!
Originally posted by bret:
People will like him again once we start winning. Don't worry, winning cures everything.

lol bulls**t not me. i saw this comign a mile away, and his press conference after the atl game booked it. He is not a HC in this league. He doesn't understand what it takes to be a head coach, rah rah rah doesn't get u into the playoffs, X's & O's, hell he's patheitc when it comes to addressing the media. Hell he has a meltdown with dennis o'donnel. pathetic

If we were 4-0 you wouldn't be feeling the way you currently do, and would not want him fired. Period.

Regardless, if we were 4-0 you wouldn't be feeling the way you currently do, and would not want him fired. Period.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Make up your mind.

You don't want him to rant and be all over youtube, and you don't want him to be humble.

WTF

Bipolar fans

This! If he says something bad about a player, then he's throwing them under the bus. I wish we could just start winning so the insanity would stop!
Originally posted by B650:
I'm getting a little sick of his sideline antics. Very unprofessional...I mean, I could understand yelling, looking like you're having a brain aneurysm over a busted call in the 4th quarter or something like that, but over a timeout? Really? Dude makes calling a simple timeout look like something from the Jerry Springer show. Calm the f*ck down and show some class. You're 0-4 so now when you do things like this it makes you look like an idiot. If you're 4-0, do whatever you want. Even one of the announcers was commenting on it...he said something like, "I don't understand what he's yelling about. It's his job to run down the sidelines to call a timeout." Then later, when the Falcons HC ran down the sideline to call a timeout, the same announcer said something to the effect of, "See, now that's how it's done."

THIS

I even commented to my wife on Sunday that all of that arm waving crap has to stop. If you are the "leader" you claim to be, then your composure is your #1 form of currency. Displays of demostrative chaos such as the timeouts only show the guys that you are "leading" that you are losing control of the only thing in football you can contro...your emotions. Never let em' see you seat Mike. Never let em' see you sweat.

Regardless, if we were 4-0 you wouldn't be feeling the way you currently do, and would not want him fired. Period.

If we were 4-0 Sing would be doing something right. We're 0-4. 0-4!!! Thats what we're talking about on THIS post! We dont like a coach who cant coach, and has us at 0-4!
Originally posted by TheCatch:

If we were 4-0 Sing would be doing something right. We're 0-4. 0-4!!! Thats what we're talking about on THIS post! We dont like a coach who cant coach, and has us at 0-4!

Yep. But we would be loving Sing if we were 4-0.

I would hang his poster next to Bill Walshes!

I would hang his poster next to Bill Walshes!

lulz
He doesn't appear as forthright as he needs be. He has lost that take-charge aura. Can't help but think someone behind the scene is pulling the strings.
Share 49ersWebzone