There are 414 users in the forums

Rock Bottom?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After watching the Raiders blow their game vs. the Cardinals yesterday, I realized one thing, we are dead last in the NFC West. While we have only faced one opponent in our own division; to have a shot at winning the West, we have to win 9 of our next 13 games. we cannot afford to lose anything more than 4 games for the rest of the season.
To make matters worse, Michael Crabtree is not progressing like we thought he would, he has improved his yards after catch, but can't seem to get any touches (Is it a locker room thing, or is he really just struggling? only time will tell). Next, our O-line is just plain out getting burned, I noticed Chilo Rachal was in at RG, the same position Adam Snyder played against the Saints when Rachal was out with a shoulder stinger. Our O-line looked great against NO, but in Seattle and KC they sucked.
In the midst of all this negativity, I do see some positive things. For one, Frank Gore is ranked third in the league for catches, he is proving he can be a receiver out of the backfield, a great blocker, and a powerful runner, this man is a blessing to our team. Josh Morgan is starting to look like our #1 receiver, although RB Frank Gore and TE Vernon Davis lead the team in catches. Kyle Williams seemed to do fairly well on kick returns, except for his near fumble, and Alex Smith is the smartest player in the NFL. Last, but not least Patrick Willis is currently ranked 12th in the league for tackles, call it a hunch but I see him moving up that list in the coming weeks.
[ Edited by prime21 on Sep 27, 2010 at 6:33 AM ]
It's hard to believe with the talent that is on this team.
Only if you smell what the Rock is cooking.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I thought the past 7 years while we were rebuilding was Rock Bottom! I guess when you think you have the team to contend and severely sucked is the true rock bottom.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I'm getting tired of these moral victories! I could care less if PW leads the league in tackles or if FG leads the league in rushing...

The ONLY stat that matters to me is the big "W"!!!
Originally posted by Chico:
I'm getting tired of these moral victories! I could care less if PW leads the league in tackles or if FG leads the league in rushing...

The ONLY stat that matters to me is the big "W"!!!
Quote - " Slim Pickins" in 'Blazing Saddles' .........." I Am Depressed"
pulling out "positive stats" from an 0-3 team is absolutely sad.

thanks but no thanks.
This is the 2004 team with just a few more talented players. The results are exactly the same. The team looks completely dazed and confused and completely out-prepared.
Share 49ersWebzone