There are 127 users in the forums

Ted Ginn active for KC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The injury report for the NO game had Ginn out for one to two weeks and I haven't heard any news since then.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
The injury report for the NO game had Ginn out for one to two weeks and I haven't heard any news since then.

Last I heard was Singletary saying day to day. Since Williams is back maybe we don't push Ginn Jr back. Although, we wouldn't know what we get out of Williams in the slot.

Edit: I'd assume Zeigler will be the slot.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 23, 2010 at 7:48 PM ]
dunno, but the offense looked better without him on the field. And a lot less dropsies.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
dunno, but the offense looked better without him on the field. And a lot less dropsies.

it was because the plays were called in on time and that we had time to adjust to the D it had nothing to do with personell
Thanks Gore 21. I thought injury reports were due today and hadn't been able to find anything, but I think you've got a point: likely best not to rush it, even though I feel a bit more confident with Ginn shagging punts.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

um crabtree forced a pick
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Thanks Gore 21. I thought injury reports were due today and hadn't been able to find anything, but I think you've got a point: likely best not to rush it, even though I feel a bit more confident with Ginn shagging punts.

I think Williams, Adams and Ginn Jr are all explosive punt returners. The only problem is would Williams make a rookie mistake like Adams did Monday night. He actually almost made two (the play we challenged to see if he touched it + the fumble). Either way these guys are hell of a lot better than we had last year. I'd rather take a 10-15 yard punt return average with a few big ones/TDs and fumbles than a 2.9 yard average with a lot of fumbles. Oh, and if you look I think Adams tripped over one of our blockers legs on his first punt return otherwise he would have gone all the way.

As for the slot it looks like Monday night we had Crabtree, Morgan, Zeigler and Crabtree as the 4 wides.

So I guess Zeigler wold be #3 if Ginn can't go.

Edit:

http://www.49ers.com/team/injury-report-home-and-away.html

Two DNP probably isn't a good sign. James having back to back LP... maybe we get him back.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 23, 2010 at 8:16 PM ]
I think Kyle Williams could turn out to be our version of Deon Butler. That Butler kid is a real stud.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I think Kyle Williams could turn out to be our version of Deon Butler. That Butler kid is a real stud.

or Desean Jackson???

It was a while ago, but I remember he looked very shifty and smooth his last game v.s IND.. and if u look at college highlights, williams and jackson look very similar as far as body type and play style..
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I just want a punt returner that doesn't scare the hell out of me.

Originally posted by BobS:

That's the thing... I remember when we had Brandon Williams... I remember when we had Zeigler... at one time Arnaz Battle who didn't drop the ball but usually fair caught the ball and never got more than a couple yards a return.

That was better than last year where we had guys fumbling left and right and not getting more than 3 yards a return. Now we have 3 guys who are legit threats to take it to the house any time but 2 are rookies and the other has a fumbling issue. If they get us TDs and big returns I guess I can live with the occasional drops.

Which explains why certain smash-mouth teams (e.g., Ravens and Jets) have "possession" return-men. They're not big threats to take it to the house, but they'll ensure proper field position by securing the ball.

Low-reward, but low-risk also.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

That's the thing... I remember when we had Brandon Williams... I remember when we had Zeigler... at one time Arnaz Battle who didn't drop the ball but usually fair caught the ball and never got more than a couple yards a return.

That was better than last year where we had guys fumbling left and right and not getting more than 3 yards a return. Now we have 3 guys who are legit threats to take it to the house any time but 2 are rookies and the other has a fumbling issue. If they get us TDs and big returns I guess I can live with the occasional drops.

I can live with the big gains from our return guys and even the occasional dismal gain after the catch.

Touch Downs are expected. That is why we brought them in. That is what they are projected to contribute now.

I can’t live with dropped or muffed catches. They are professionals. (Period) I want winners!!
[ Edited by TheVoiceOfReason on Sep 23, 2010 at 11:41 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Ginn has a slight tear to his MCL. I don't expect him back anytime soon.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Ginn has a slight tear to his MCL. I don't expect him back anytime soon.

That sucks hopefully we catch a break and can utilize his speed at Atlanta.
Share 49ersWebzone