LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 230 users in the forums

Interesting Steve Young thoughts on the offense...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Multibomber:
Alex Smith's wristband did a great job of getting the plays in on time

i think the extra weight made him stop throwing so high all the time
Originally posted by Gore_21:
The ball just didn't bounce our way tonight... we beat ourselves again tonight.

Last season, and this season.. Delanie walker still runs with the ball flapping in the wind.

Didnt he have 2-3 of those awesome fumbles last year? to go with his awesome kick off/punt return fumbles?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
The ball just didn't bounce our way tonight... we beat ourselves again tonight.

You aint kiddin. Did you see the replay of the muffed punt? I've been watching football for a long time and never have seen the ball bounce on the tip and go straight up. 9 out of 10 times that ball bounces out of bounds
Originally posted by Apone:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
In essence, he was saying "been there, heard that". The Niners have been talking about being the "it" team of the NFL ever since they drafted Smith. It's never happened because we're too god damn inconsistent. All cylinders never click. Sometimes the QB sucks.........sometimes the oline is off......sometimes the D takes a day off......and today, well.......our STs decided that they wouldnt figure into the game.

It's damn pathetic and Young basically told Millen and Scott that he (like the rest of us) is sick of hearing all the moral victories that come out of our losses. It's time to put up, or move the f**k along. There's no point we should be a "project" team in our 6th year of rebuild mode.

You people can take all the "positives" from this game all you want, but Ive seen a bunch of these over the past 6 years. There are NO moral victories when you have a QB thats a 6 year veteran and you're still wondering if he's the future. There's no MORAL victories when you pay defenders outrageous contracts and they can barely cover their part of the field. There are no MORAL victories for a team that turns the ball over 3 times inside the opponent's 30 yard line.

The new Niner fanbase is lame and pathetic. Browsing Ninertalk, you'd think we won the SB. And when you call people out on it, the only response you get is :hey, back off man........we competed with the SB champs. Thats good enough."

Shameful.........

Love the optimism grandpa.

Well, it IS true. The goal of an NFL team is the Super Bowl. Our salary cap situation is healthy, we've brought talent to the team. I can understand if we were 2-14 last year and are in salary cap hell, but we're not.

We've seen this team put on fine performances the last few years, and are perfectly capable of competing with the best. I feel a higher standard is appropriate, especially in this league where parity is so prevalent.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Yeah, Crabtree, explosive.

That play where he was sitting on the ground and practically dropped the ball. Everyone needs work.

Yet you ignore the play where he cuts and spins away from 2 saints
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by Multibomber:
Alex Smith's wristband did a great job of getting the plays in on time

i think the extra weight made him stop throwing so high all the time

Bwahahaha, I love it. Given the velocity of the throwing motion a little weight could make a difference.
In essence, he was saying "been there, heard that". The Niners have been talking about being the "it" team of the NFL ever since they drafted Smith. It's never happened because we're too god damn inconsistent. All cylinders never click. Sometimes the QB sucks.........sometimes the oline is off......sometimes the D takes a day off......and today, well.......our STs decided that they wouldnt figure into the game.

It's damn pathetic and Young basically told Millen and Scott that he (like the rest of us) is sick of hearing all the moral victories that come out of our losses. It's time to put up, or move the f**k along. There's no point we should be a "project" team in our 6th year of rebuild mode.

You people can take all the "positives" from this game all you want, but Ive seen a bunch of these over the past 6 years. There are NO moral victories when you have a QB thats a 6 year veteran and you're still wondering if he's the future. There's no MORAL victories when you pay defenders outrageous contracts and they can barely cover their part of the field. There are no MORAL victories for a team that turns the ball over 3 times inside the opponent's 30 yard line.

The new Niner fanbase is lame and pathetic. Browsing Ninertalk, you'd think we won the SB. And when you call people out on it, the only response you get is :hey, back off man........we competed with the SB champs. Thats good enough."

Shameful.........

Nice . . . end the post game rant with self-righteous swing at the fanbase . . .
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

Shameful.........

The only thing shameful around here is your constant trolling and inciting.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

Shameful.........

Agreed. Seems to be a constant, never ending, dull drumbeat of regurgitated blah blah blah trolling. Pretty much the same s**t all the time, just a little different packaging from game to game.
Originally posted by Blitz:

Shameful.........

Agreed. Seems to be a constant, never ending, dull drumbeat of regurgitated blah blah blah trolling. Pretty much the same s**t all the time, just a little different packaging from game to game.

I'm curious to see what happens when we win.

• Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by plinius9mm:
Originally posted by Blitz:

Shameful.........

I'm curious to see what happens when we win.

He will probably try to take some credit by using some twisted logic to claim he predicted it all along.
f**k Young and his comments. Why the hell is he focusing on the consistency of our offense pointing to why we didn't win? He can stand next to Ronnie in a pregame speech to the Saints for all I care. We lost due to dumb ass turnovers and special teams: gave up a big return and the ball.

Speaking of that ball, who the f**k gets that much bad luck on a punt that touches the returner a foot from ou. O bounds and stil sticks? Adams probably said it came down like a golf ball. f**k we got some bad luck. When their returner fumbled, it still bounced perfect enough for him to get it easily.

Just way too much stuff to overcome. Not only did we punt on our first drive, we said, here, have two points to go with it. Fuuuuuck!

When we finally did great things, it was too great like scoring in just over a minute instead of two minutes.
He was right, and I think he was secretly trying to tell the audience was that we're built to be a spread offense and not the type of offense Singletary wants us to be.
I've been a huge Alex Smith critic and I've pretty much taken every shot you could at him this past week...but...

He played f**king great today. His one mistake was the first INT on the off target pass to Gore.

Other than that, he played lights out. He drove us up and down the field. It just sucks that we couldn't finish our goddamn drives (AGAIN).

I know that a 2nd drive ended in an INT as well but that play was more dumb luck. I'm not one to defend ANY of his interceptions (most of the deflected INTs lie with the QB). I'll give him a pass on the 2nd INT though. That was just simply bad luck.

He scrambled when he needed to, and he stepped up in the pocket and made some great f**king throws.

It's something to build on, that's for sure. It just sucks that we're 0-2.

We need to be 4-4 going into the bye.
Sigh, I know everyones going to hate this but I honestly saw an offense on the verge of breaking out. I mean breaking out and becoming dominant. What stopped it? Us.
Share 49ersWebzone