Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WestCoast:
FOX Sports.com

49ers #18

Cardinals 9-7
49ers 8-8
Seahawks 6-10
Rams 1-15

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-predictions-2010-season-preview-Adam-Schein

Haha, he definitely knows what hes talking about. I bet the Cardinals don't win more than 6-7 this year.
CBS Sportsline we are 16.

This is the team most have pegged for a big leap forward. It's all on Alex Smith. If he improves, they just might do it. The coaching has to be better. Enough with the rah-rah stuff, and give me more X's and O's.

Um, Pete Prisco.... isn't that what Peter King just said?
EAST COAST BIAS
I wonder where we'll rank after we open the season with wins over Seattle and new Orleans???
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I wonder where we'll rank after we open the season with wins over Seattle and new Orleans???

God can you guys imagine what it will be like if we go out and do that? Beat the Hawks ok but if we go beat the Saints on Monday night football this teams stock will rise faster than Valrods dress! I think the team will seriously get on a damn roll if we take out the champs. This young team could really ride that wave all year I bet. Sing and the 49ers are in the perfect situation with the perfect oppurtunities. It's literally the best chance that we have had in years. God I hope I'm not let down.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by Snider8706:

God can you guys imagine what it will be like if we go out and do that? Beat the Hawks ok but if we go beat the Saints on Monday night football this teams stock will rise faster than Valrods dress! I think the team will seriously get on a damn roll if we take out the champs. This young team could really ride that wave all year I bet. Sing and the 49ers are in the perfect situation with the perfect oppurtunities. It's literally the best chance that we have had in years. God I hope I'm not let down.

I predict we blow out the Seahawks. I don't expect us to beat the Saints. Of course if we do win I won't complain, but at a minimum I just hope we show that we can play with the best teams in the league, even if we come up a bit short. One game at a time though. Can't wait til Sunday.
Seems pretty reasonable
Seems about right.. for now. This poll is highly subjective and the only way to move up is to earn it on the field.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
unless mark sanchez totally blows this year, miami doesn't have a chance at the playoffs.

he's not going to be all that great IMO and i'm surprised they rank miami so high....they're putting a lot of faith in chad henne
They had the Jets at 29 last year before the season with a new coach. They made it to the AFC Championship game.

It doesn't matter where you start, but where you finish!

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Wow. Complaints about a #13 ranking.

Wow guys. We're not an elite team yet.

that's exactly what I was thinking. this explains all the other delusional posts I read in NT.
the rankings make so sense. There are several instances where teams with worse records are rated higher than other teams. That could make sense if you consider the division they are in... but the bills are listed as a 6-10 team in a division that has the Jets, Pats and Miami in it. There are 7 teams with worse records ranked above them. In my opinion the Bills will finish last or second last so the ranking make sense... but not the record or rationnel.

I know it's tough to pick teams and make some sort of pre-season prediction, but I suspect the guys at ESPN make a lot of money to do just that... the result is pathetic.
Regardign the Niners 13 is about right. Seems about right and yea i think the Dolphins could win that division just like the Jets or Patriots. The Dolphins defense isn't that far behind the jets and Henne has a good shot to have a better season than Sanchez. They both have strong running games. It's all about which young qb plays better. And the Patriots defense is gonna be bad.
The lower the ranking the better. I'm tired of being disappointed.
I think that those who say "it's all on Alex smith" have got it entirely wrong. It will really depend on whether the rest of the team plays smart, error-free ball. So much of winning is determined by not fumbling, drawing bone-headed penalties, etc. That is what is going to determine whether this team is a champion or a disappointment. Mark my words.
Share 49ersWebzone