LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 207 users in the forums

Most Memorable Game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Of the several thousand NFL games played.. What’s the most memorable game that sticks out in your mind?

-Scout

I have a strange feeling you are gonna pick a game that Vernon Davis did good in

Sunday, January 8, 1989
NFC Championship at Chicago
Niners 28 - Bears 3

Amazing game !!!
Scout... you post these same questions on this board, the 49ers.com board and football's future board. Are you doing research or just trying to promote your site?
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Pretty sure this is tops on Chris Collinsworth-less' list as well
[ Edited by 4DNinersSon on Aug 25, 2010 at 3:02 PM ]
I was 10 years old at the time.......The NFC Championship Game vs. Dallas during the 94-95 season. I still get chills when I see the footage of Eric Davis intercepting Aikman and taking it to the house on the first drive.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Sunday, January 8, 1989
NFC Championship at Chicago
Niners 28 - Bears 3

Amazing game !!!

That was a nice one. Chicago won 12 or 13 games in the regular season and got the home field advantage. I remember a lot of talk in the media about how the "finesse" Niners could not go into Chicago in January, in the snow, and beat the Bears. I also remember thinking at the time that the Bears seemed a little over-confident.

But that day the best defense on the field by far was the Niner D and Rice gave the Bears an example of why he is the G.O.A.T.

or

Definitely the 2 best games I've ever been to!
[ Edited by Lott49ersFan on Aug 25, 2010 at 3:11 PM ]
The game in 1998 against the Jets that Garrison Hearst won by taking it 96 yards on a run play in overtime as Terrell Owens blocks for him the entire way.

Awesome.

Best first game of the season ever.

[ Edited by FILTHpigskin on Aug 25, 2010 at 3:14 PM ]

Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
The game in 1998 against the Jets that Garrison Hearst won by taking it 96 yards on a run play in overtime as Terrell Owens blocks for him the entire way.

Awesome.

Best first game of the season ever.

I was at that one too! It was an awesome game!
My most memorable game was a Niner loss.

It was the 1983 NFC Championship game against he Redskins. We were losing 21-0, and then Montana tied the game at 21 all, including a bomb to Freddie Solomon!

We lost that game to two phantom defensive calls, but that game got me hooked to the Niners ever since!
Being that I was at The Catch II, I can't really even consider another game that I would rather relive.

#2 - 94-95 NFC Championship

Last year: 2nd Cardinals game.
  • mod
  • Veteran
that game where the bears put 42 on us in the first half made me question my fanhood for about min.
Playoff game against the NY Giants in 02 (i think it was 02). I'll never forget that comeback!
Share 49ersWebzone