There are 1,002 users in the forums

two rookie O-linemen vs two 6 year vets...?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Are we expecting to much from Davis & Iupati?

Will they really be able to step in and improve the offense more so than Baas & Snyder?

I keep hearing everyone say how A. Smith will become the next Joe Cool based on him being in the same system for two years in a row. So why wouldn't the same thing be said for Snyder & Baas?

So the question is; are the two rookies that much more physically talented than the vets or did we just draft horribly along the O-line in the past?

Coaching may have been an issue but if so what would it say about Baas & Snyder if two rookies can beat them out right out of the gate?
Not for 1st round money. Those guys are starting because the money says they will.

Plus its better to get the growing pains out of the way early on as opposed to the playoff push.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Not for 1st round money. Those guys are starting because the money says they will.

Plus its better to get the growing pains out of the way early on as opposed to the playoff push.

True, but I am hearing there may not be anything special about Davis.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

common its not training camp you can not tell a ol on non contact with no pads
lets wait for TC to start before we determine anything
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Experience isn't everything. Snyder has shown that he is not capable of playing RT. Plenty of rookies start and do a good job. If Davis is one of those rookies, then he certainly deserves to start ahead of Snyder. Baas has been up and down, so I am not as sure that Iupati will beat Baas out. Iupati will probably be ready to be an adequate starter on opening day; Baas must prove that with him in the game you would get much more than that. Baas needs to convince the 49ers that he is their best guard and that Iupati should be competing with Chilo Rachal for the RG spot instead.

cant. we. just. wait. for. training. camp. attheveryleast?

Where are you hearing this? Is it a reliable source or just the voices in your head again?

Davis is likely to need a year or two imo. He's just sooooo young and seems immature.

lol
I think this forum is expecting WAY too much from two rooks.
I have been thinking about this as well. Are 2 rookies really gonna step in and perform better than 2 veterans in the league? I believe that both of our draft picks will have better careers than Bass and Snyder, but I don't think that they will outperform them in the first year in the league. So who should we start!?!?!?!
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I have been thinking about this as well. Are 2 rookies really gonna step in and perform better than 2 veterans in the league? I believe that both of our draft picks will have better careers than Bass and Snyder, but I don't think that they will outperform them in the first year in the league. So who should we start!?!?!?!

if the vets suck, possibly
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

they will start, probably within the 1st three weeks if not right from the get go. i know people are worried about growing pains but its better to get those out of the way early, especially since our toughest games seem to be in the first half of the season so we can be clicking on all cylinders by mid season to take some momentum into the playoffs. success brings confidence, if we get the rookie jitters out early and the rookies get settled in we should have an awesome year.
Share 49ersWebzone