LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 534 users in the forums

Starting a Franchise: Which 49er do you take?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just to kill some off season time... if you where starting a franchise and could take any player that ever played in a 49ers uniform except Montana, Young or Rice who would it be? Whoever you select would be on your team for their entire career and would be in their prime.

Keep in mind we have had Deion Sanders, Kevin Greene, Rod Woodson, Chris Doleman and others that player for a short amount of time. Also, think about all the past and the current players. The million dollar backfield, O. J. Simpson , Roger Craig, Ricky Watters, John Taylor, Terrell Owens, Bryant Young, Ronnie Lott, Dave Wilcox, Leo Nomellini, Fred Dean, Bob St. Clair and the list goes on and on.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 13, 2010 at 11:50:41 ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Just to kill some off season time... if you where starting a franchise and could take any player that ever played in a 49ers uniform except Montana, Young or Rice who would it be? Whoever you select would be on your team for their entire year and would be in their prime.

Keep in mind we have had Deion Sanders, Kevin Greene, Rod Woodson, Chris Doleman and others that player for a short amount of time. Also, think about all the past and the current players. The million dollar backfield, O. J. Simpson , Roger Craig, Ricky Watters, John Taylor, Terrell Owens, Bryant Young, Ronnie Lott, Dave Wilcox, Leo Nomellini, Fred Dean, Bob St. Clair and the list goes on and on.

patrick willis!
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Jose Cortez.
I would potentially consider Ricky Waters, if I can ignore the attitude problem.

His career stats cannot be denied.
Originally posted by JD81:
Jose Cortez.

Ok, James edit that with the first player you would take not the last.
kory Sheets
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I would potentially consider Ricky Waters, if I can ignore the attitude problem.

i like ricky... but if you're seriously putting him over all the other greats... you smoking crack homey!
Lott
Rod Woodson

He would fit in well, besides Roger Craig he was kind of the first back that could catch the ball and run with it. I am sure there where others before Craig but those guys would fit in well with today's guys. Waters Had 10,000 plus rushing and almost 5,000 receiving. Pretty underrated player...

Originally posted by Dominate:
Lott
Originally posted by GOLDMOUTH22:

i like ricky... but if you're seriously putting him over all the other greats... you smoking crack homey!

I don't know, putting Willis is pretty bold too. Don't get me wrong I wanted Willis in the draft and he is my favorite player but he is only 3 years in as opposed to our huge list of hall of famers that played for us.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Rod Woodson

Over Lott

I got to hear this.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by GOLDMOUTH22:

I don't know, putting Willis is pretty bold too. Don't get me wrong I wanted Willis in the draft and he is my favorite player but he is only 3 years in as opposed to our huge list of hall of famers that played for us.

that's very true... but name any ANY of our hall of famers or GREATS that had a start like patrick willis? montana lott young roger craig were placed in a position to be successful. patrick willis in his first year was stuck with crap and a joke coach. the guy said anyone but montana lott young craig... so i said willis! he by far is greater then any rookie and player into the 3rd year BY FAR
Originally posted by Dominate:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Rod Woodson

Over Lott

I got to hear this.

i would take a young rod woodson over ronnie lott! rod woodson not only was hitter, he was a ball hawk and he returned punts and kicks!
Share 49ersWebzone