LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 344 users in the forums

Baalke Speaks!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Could we or would we think Trading or 2nd 4th and a 7th to move up in second round to grab Best if he's there? and go Tackle and Guard in round one? Just trying to think outside the box!
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
I love that he said there are exceptions to drafting big players. Scott M would have never said that. I like this guy already.

Agree, I really like what this guy has come out & said so far. I hope he continues to impress
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by jreff22:
--Baalke talked about having three solid running backs on a team, citing the Cowboys as where the league seems to be heading. The 49ers have two running backs, Frank Gore and Glen Coffee, who have similar styles. Baalke said there is definitely room on the 49ers for a Jahvid Best-type of player. (Baalke was asked specifically about Best.) But he said any interest in Best, or a player of his ilk, is not a change in 49ers philosophy.

Fast change of pace back.........?

BOOM MOTHERf**kERS

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Best said he can see himself in red and gold.

where?
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Take Best in the second round.

He wont be there when we pick

He just might if we all get together and do a prayer.

If Baalke finds a way....imma do the "Dance of Joy"

If he makes it happen I'm gonna send him a gift. Anybody know where Mepos is ? I can't find it on the map.

SUSWEET....Baalke doesn't live in Mypos no more......but I fear he will draft Larry Appleton.
  • flow
  • Veteran

If he makes it happen I'm gonna send him a gift. Anybody know where Mepos is ? I can't find it on the map.

SUSWEET....Baalke doesn't live in Mypos no more......but I fear he will draft Larry Appleton.

Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:

http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/dont-be-ridiculous.html
I think getting Best in the 2nd is far more bang for the buck than Spiller in the 1st. Hopefully we can get top-tier linemen in Williams/Lupati and then get that change of pace back in Best.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Best said he can see himself in red and gold.

where?

it was from an interview on 49ers.com from the scouting combine.
go to videos and click on 1 on 1 with Jahvid Best. He also speaks about Frank Gore.

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Mar 26, 2010 at 17:48:25 ]
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
I think getting Best in the 2nd is far more bang for the buck than Spiller in the 1st. Hopefully we can get top-tier linemen in Williams/Lupati and then get that change of pace back in Best.

On Sirius NFL radio, Pat Kirwin has us taking McCluster in the second in his mock. Said he'd be a perfect fit. I've seen the kid and he can ball.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:

Cousin Larry scored very high on the wonderlic. But the 40 time was kinda slow.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

On Sirius NFL radio, Pat Kirwin has us taking McCluster in the second in his mock. Said he'd be a perfect fit. I've seen the kid and he can ball.

I wouldn't mind that either. I like Spiller but I'm definitely not jumping on his bandwagon when he have needs elsewhere. We can get a kid like Spiller in any other round, but O-line, Safety, CB, and some pass rushers are ALL more important than getting a 3rd string RB IMO
Originally posted by tmpluff:
Originally posted by dbdublin:

Right. Take Spiller in the 1st (if he's there).

That's my thinking, when it comes to top talent....are best shot might be to pull the trigger right away. Best is waaaay to good to fall to us in the 2nd.

True, but we must get our RT with that first pick.

IMO no way, Take Spiller if he's there with 13 Grab Iupati at 17 and then take Brown from USC or Calloway From Iowa (RT) in the second. Take the Elite Talent when you can. w/ Spiller (PLUS playing madden with Spiller would be awesome )

Most likely Spiller is gonna be gone at 13.

If he is I'd be laughing my ass off at the idiots spending top 10-12 money on a part-time RB and KR. Guys like him always go in the late 20s, the only guy of his size/intangibles to make an exception was Reggie Bush, and Spiller is more of a Chris Johnson 'outside' option.
Originally posted by NinerGod:

best is a much better value than spiller if they can get him in the second round.

do we finally have someone in charge again who isn't against drafting local products from CAL.

if so...
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by NinerGod:

best is a much better value than spiller if they can get him in the second round.

do we finally have someone in charge again who isn't against drafting local products from CAL.

if so...

SHORRRYUUUUKENNNNN!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone