LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 228 users in the forums

Source: Baalke replaces McCloughan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by PaulW:
It just said Baalke will be running the draft, not that he will be the next GM. It makes sense since he was head of college scouting while Gamble was head of pro scouting.

Don't you think that insinuates that he will replace Scotty. They want to stay in line with their "leave of absence" story. They can't outright say Baalke is in...yet. But the news will leak sooner or later.

Well, that WOULD make sense and I'm sure you could read the lines and think that.

But I personally think that Baalke as Draft-Day GM is a temporary thing, while figuring out who the Full-time GM is going to be. will take some time. It COULD BE Baalke. It COULD BE Gamble. It COULD BE Holmgren or Cowher. At this point in time, they only made a decision on the temporary.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
The dude has too many "a's" in his name.

Btw, who the f**k is this dude?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

You're adorable. It must be hard to get someone to pee in your cheerios every day.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Beat me 2 it.

I very much applaud the hire. He is my first choice to be the next GM.

I would have preferred our Personnel VP Tom Gamble personally amongst him and Baalke, Gamble was a personnel/talent scout for the Colts from 1999-2004 (and has over 22 years of experience in front-office work in the NFL).

Either one will be fine with me. They are both very respected around the league. I guess we will have to wait and see who the GM will be.
Originally posted by PaulW:
It just said Baalke will be running the draft, not that he will be the next GM. It makes sense since he was head of college scouting while Gamble was head of pro scouting.

No one said he is the next GM. Just said he is my first choice to be the next GM.
Originally posted by jrg:

wow if a guy with 41,500 posts dont know who this guy is, its not a good move
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Originally posted by jrg:

wow if a guy with 41,500 posts dont know who this guy is, its not a good move

HAHA! This made me laugh for a good minute. Thanks
I like the idea of new blood making picks. The guy might think outside of the past and recent present box. I'm sure plans will be followed closely, but there's the chance something different might go down. Let's roll the dice shall we.
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:

You're adorable. It must be hard to get someone to pee in your cheerios every day.

The Yorks pee on all of us 49ers fans over and over.

• cools
  • Veteran
nm
[ Edited by cools on Mar 21, 2010 at 12:33 AM ]
Wait? The 49ers really have someone named Baalke in the Front Office...

haha, this whole time his name was mentioned, I thought everyone was talking about Paraag Marathe...and just used the name Baalke (I was sounding it as Balki) because he looked like dude from Perfect Strangers or something

who the hell it Trent Baalke?

You hate everything.

please. you dont know jack crap about the guy. youve probably never even heard his name before.

people on this board are the biggest conclusion jumpers ive ever seen. Baalke is the guy McCloughan personally consulted with about our drafting thus far. him taking over isnt a big deal at all. he was probably the guy telling McCloughan who to pick.

people need to calm down. its the most logical choice of guy to run this draft. not hire someone who knows nothing about our draft process thus far, not people who know nothing about scouting like Marathe. its the dude who was already doing this the whole time.

Originally posted by Niners99:

please. you dont know jack crap about the guy. youve probably never even heard his name before.

people on this board are the biggest conclusion jumpers ive ever seen. Baalke is the guy McCloughan personally consulted with about our drafting thus far. him taking over isnt a big deal at all. he was probably the guy telling McCloughan who to pick.

people need to calm down. its the most logical choice of guy to run this draft. not hire someone who knows nothing about our draft process thus far, not people who know nothing about scouting like Marathe. its the dude who was already doing this the whole time.

Share 49ersWebzone