There are 323 users in the forums

Our Dline

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is there a statistic as to how our Dline compared to other teams? And is there a statistic as to how our LB Corps compared to other teams?
link
I can see the data. I do not know what the data says. I do not know how this data would compare against other 3-4 teams? Can you interpret for me?
Not sure if that's what you are looking for then, it's a little bit different, it's more on individual hidden stats. The run defense stats for player, shows how well a player performed against the run when it was ran in his direction; I'm also not exactly sure how they calculate that, but I think there's a help section that goes more in depth on that website.
i dont know how they compare to other 3-4 D's as a whole, but i do know that Justin Smith has been by FAR the best 3-4 DE in the NFL this year. yes, even statistically, hes the best. he has what, 6 sacks now as a 3-4 DE? thats insane. 3-4 DE get like 3 sacks and its a big year.

also, hats off to Ahmad Brooks, collecting 6 sacks and like a billion hurries/hits in very few plays on the field. this guys going to be a beast.

youd be hard pressed to find me a significantly better NT/DE duo than Justin Smith and Aubrayo Franklin. Sopoaga isnt that great, but hes arguably the strongest player in the NFL, so that must count for something. lol
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 3, 2010 at 11:35 PM ]
Ya Soapoaga hasn't done that much, he's held his own, and is a above average 3-4 DE, who needs a strong NT, and can't dominate a game by himself, like Justin can...I really hope that Balmer fella we drafted shows up next year.
I wanted some form of statistic that compared our Dline with the other 3-4 Dlines. Is there such a statistic?
Share 49ersWebzone