LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 242 users in the forums

Mike Tirico on KNBR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is really getting on my nerves.

Basically Murph & Mac are asking why the 49ers don't run it more and why Alex Smith doesn't run the offense behind center instead of in the shotgun. Mike Tirico says....

"I don't know what they're doing. I don't know why someone has flipped the switch and said lets turn the keys over to Alex Smith spread it all out when you have still a pretty good running back in Gore."

In other words, run it more.

Now Murph or Mac says....

"Alex has just proven over the years that he is just not as effective under center...."

They're saying the reason why we can't turn it over to Gore is because Alex Smith doesn't perform under center. None of them mention the offensive line.

THIS drives me crazy. I LOVE listening to Murph & Mac and KNBR but the more I listen to the media the more I realize these guys don't know anything about football.

Maybe I'm the only one that wants to line most of the 'experts' and media guys up in the film room and explain to them as if they were children when I say, "This is A FOOTBALL...." You know, start from the beginning so by the time I get to the offensive line being a crucial part of the team they'll get it.

Is this a dumb post? I don't know but I'm fuming and I needed to vent.

Murph&Mac
Murph and Mac are so stupid. Mike Tirico wouldn't know why we are spreading it out because he hasn't seen how bad our offensive line is at making holes for Frank.

Only reason we're in that game against Seattle is because our pass game, our rushing game was non-existent. There's no holes for Gore to run through, and when there is, he seems to run into the pile instead of hitting the wide f**king open hole. I dunno what the hell Frank's thinking lately, but he's fallen off hard.
Remember, national media analysts probably do not watch our games in full. They just watch highlights and read about the team. Take their opinions with a grain of salt.
If it had been Mike Holmgren or Mike Ditka or Mike Golic, It might carry some weight. But Method is right, I doubt Tirico has spent much time watching tape of our Oline THIS season.
It was three guys who probably never put on football gear in their lives . . . guessing and trying to sound informed . . . .
Tirico's opinion is not worth listening to. I don't understand why his boring ass is in the Monday Night booth.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Dec 14, 2009 at 12:09:14 ]
I think a point many seem to be missing is that even when the niners run the ball with smith under center, gore isnt picking up much...i do believe the oline is the main reason for that

the shotgun formation has been much more effective...and if I were jimmy raye i would run what works and gets the ball into the hands of playmakers like davis & crabtree
Gore isn't the problem, the line is weak.
The line is too complex a topic to be in their realm of thought.....
Murph and Mac are the most annoying radio personalities. They don't know what they are talking about. They are loud and obnoxious. They remind me of that episode of Family Guy with the annoying announcers and the annoying sounds they make when they broadcast. I hate Radnich too. Does this guy ever talk sports?

Can the Bay Area get some real sports guys on the radio that actually like talking about football and know what they are talking about???

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Let me quote the great T.I. and ask Tirico

"What you know bout dat" ????????
Oh boy, I can now tell what tonight's broadcast is all going to be about...

-9fA
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Murph and Mac are the most annoying radio personalities. They don't know what they are talking about. They are loud and obnoxious. They remind me of that episode of Family Guy with the annoying announcers and the annoying sounds they make when they broadcast. I hate Radnich too. Does this guy ever talk sports?

Can the Bay Area get some real sports guys on the radio that actually like talking about football and know what they are talking about???

I hate Gary Radnich too
You'll Shoot your eye out kid
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Oh boy, I can now tell what tonight's broadcast is all going to be about...

-9fA

Man I hope not. Once they get on a tangent.. it's all they'll talk about.
Share 49ersWebzone