LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 344 users in the forums

A Thank You letter

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by showtime49:
I don't know why you're getting so mad at Jed York for. He delivered on what he promised - our season won't end in December.

It'll end on January 3rd against the Rams.

U know thats not what he meant he meant PLAYOFFS!!!

How do YOU know what he meant if he never actually said it?

Do we have another Head story brewin? You know like the movie where the guy lives inside that actor and can see out his eyes?Only you live inside Jed? I thought there was something glassy about those eyes.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Dec 7, 2009 at 12:19:03 ]
Originally posted by ghostrider:
You clearly do not understand the nature of sports.

Please xplain to me why i dont understand (the nature) of sports Guru??

im guessing you like to be lead on to failure if your like meh about it

IF WE AS FANS DONT SPEAK OUT ABOUT HOW WE FEEL ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION THEN WHO WILL?
I KNOW MANAGEMENT DONT CARE ABOUT WINNING OR THE FEELINGS OF THE FANS SO THEY BRING MEDIOCRE PLAYERS IN/COACHES IN TO FILL IN THE GAPS

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!

I'll explain it by saying if I have to explain it, then you don't understand the nature of sports.

Yeah ahuh u sure do know alot.

For someone who's expectations are so high, don't you find it odd that you want our team leaders to set them so low?

When our team president states that our season won't end in December and our coaching staff says that we will make the playoffs, these are not to be taken as statements of fact or prophetic visions of the future. They meant to inspire confidence, display commitment, and extract 100% effort from the players. And yet you'd prefer they come out and say, "Well, gee wiz, we'd like to make the playoffs but I'm just not sure we're good enough to make it, boy howdy."

THOSE are the reasons that you do not understand the nature of sports.

I'd also like to add that 31 teams "fail" each season. Championships are hard to come by.

[ Edited by ghostrider on Dec 7, 2009 at 12:23:28 ]

IF WE AS FANS DONT SPEAK OUT ABOUT HOW WE FEEL ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION THEN WHO WILL?
I KNOW MANAGEMENT DONT CARE ABOUT WINNING OR THE FEELINGS OF THE FANS SO THEY BRING MEDIOCRE PLAYERS IN/COACHES IN TO FILL IN THE GAPS

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!

I'll explain it by saying if I have to explain it, then you don't understand the nature of sports.

For someone who's expectations are so high, don't you find it odd that you want our team leaders to set them so low?

When our team president states that our season won't end in December and our coaching staff says that we will make the playoffs, these are not to be taken as statements of fact or prophetic visions of the future. They meant to inspire confidence, display commitment, and extract 100% effort from the players. And yet you'd prefer they come out and say, "Well, gee wiz, we'd like to make the playoffs but I'm just not sure we're good enough to make it, boy howdy."

Dunno that might have taken us to the Super Bowl. Look what it did for Alex.

~Ceadder
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by boast:

gif killer!

lint licker

sh!t kicker

gif killer!

lint licker

sh!t kicker

cooty queen

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!

I'd also like to add that 31 teams "fail" each season. Championships are hard to come by.

How about this you dont run your mouth period about high expectations just go out there & play
did you see last season the Saints & there management saying "ohh geez we just missed the playoffs" but dont worry saints fans we will guarantee a superb season that everybody wil enjoy & WE GUARANTEE IT!!!

NO u didnt they just went out there & showed it on the field where it counts.

I am just saying the team shouldnt guarantee anything just go out there & see what happens things like that give us Niners fans high hopes just to seem the dissapear right before our eyes.
its getting a little old & annoying with no results
  • tn9er
  • Veteran

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!

Wow, is everybody drunk before noon today?????????
I'd like to write him a thank you letter, for caring that much about the team and it's direction to promise the fans that you'll do whatever you can to get us back to the playoffs.

It's like you guys haven't seen any of the games the last few years. This year, at the very least, we've been in every game (except 1). All the way to the end of the game, we're still in a position to win it. I think that's progress.

Also, I think that half the people on this board must be 12 or mentally challenged. All I hear around here is b***h b***h b***h b***h. The 49ers aren't the worst team in the NFL, and I'll bet their fans don't b***h this hard about their team.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!

How about this you dont run your mouth period about high expectations just go out there & play
did you see last season the Saints & there management saying "ohh geez we just missed the playoffs" but dont worry saints fans we will guarantee a superb season that everybody wil enjoy & WE GUARANTEE IT!!!

I am just saying the team shouldnt guarantee anything just go out there & see what happens things like that give us Niners fans high hopes just to seem the dissapear right before our eyes.

You sound as if you bet BIG on that info..

If you did, blame yourself not Jed....
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

gif killer!

lint licker

sh!t kicker

cooty queen

analrapist

gif killer!

lint licker

sh!t kicker

cooty queen

analrapist

is that an invitation
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

gif killer!

lint licker

sh!t kicker

cooty queen

analrapist

is that an invitation

no it's so you can print it out a write in your real name in crayon.

gif killer!

lint licker

sh!t kicker

cooty queen

analrapist

is that an invitation

no it's so you can print it out a write in your real name in crayon.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!

As simple as that sounds, you can't just say nothing in today's NFL. The statements about playoffs from the coaches and the players are the results of media asking specific questions, i.e. "Do you think this team can make the playoffs?" Further, Jed's playoff speech was in the locker room to the team. It's not like they called a "We're going to make the playoffs" press conference.

I'll repeat this: "...these are not to be taken as statements of fact or prophetic visions of the future. They meant to inspire confidence, display commitment, and extract 100% effort from the players."
Originally posted by Winners:
I'd like to write him a thank you letter, for caring that much about the team and it's direction to promise the fans that you'll do whatever you can to get us back to the playoffs.

It's like you guys haven't seen any of the games the last few years. This year, at the very least, we've been in every game (except 1). All the way to the end of the game, we're still in a position to win it. I think that's progress.

Also, I think that half the people on this board must be 12 or mentally challenged. All I hear around here is b***h b***h b***h b***h. The 49ers aren't the worst team in the NFL, and I'll bet their fans don't b***h this hard about their team.

you sir are right : they aren't the worst ... just another average team that's going to finish the season with a losing record for the 7th consecutive season
Share 49ersWebzone