LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 402 users in the forums

This loss was everyones fault but Alex's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Alex should have made the catch. And recovered the fumble too.

blocking wasnt too bad today. But yea, big players make big plays and VD and crabs didn't do it today, Hasselbeck did today. Good experience for everybody.

This team is only a couple players away.

Yep... Props to the OL, They did play very well. 45 Pass attempts and only 1 sack, that is good protection.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
ALex did nothing wrong, I was thinking on our last drive he would throw his weekly INT.

But no dice, instead we lose due to bad defense.. Our DBS cant do bump and run, because we are used to playing 25 yards off the wr's.. so we come up and do bump and run and get owned.

Hasselbeck is a has been, and he was carving us up..

Shantae Spencer played very well. They didn't even throw his way, Lewis also did a really good job on Carlson..

Roman gave up the first TD, I'm not sure who had coverage on Forsett on his TD, since it was a screen it's hard to say exactly.
jcs posted that Alex is not a winner and that we should move on. Just exactly who should we move on to, Mr. jcs?

And remeber that whoever you manage to get will have to throw behind a shaky OL, will have to throw to WRs and TEs who drop too many passes, and amateur KRs and PRs.
Battle better be the first cut of the offseason followed by Jones.
Straight up! We TALK about winning teams but I'm seein qb's from round the league throwin for more or less than 300, 1 or2 Td's all game and gettin the win.

I'll ask again, Can somebody tell me the last time a championship team throught a game had their WR's drop 10 passes and at least 2 in the endzone?
I don't know if any of you guys notice this but every time someone from the media says the term 'spread' Alex Smith laughs.... every time.
Look the Title of this thread is kind of the problem. You are correct that Alex played a great game for the most part, and with some help the 49ers would have won. We all know though, that Alex himself is not happy with his performance because the team lost.

Alex does share blame in this loss as well, if less than other people. He was not 100% perfect. So to be a good teammate you have to accept that everyone failed together. I think that is the problem a lot of "Alex haters" are having with this thread. (though I understand that there are some who are just hating for the fun of it) For the record I am a huge Alex Smith fan since his college days. He played great, but the team needed just a little more from him or someone else to win, hopefully he or another 49er can come up bigger next game!
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by jcs:
14 points guys...he runs the offense against a bad team and only manged 14 points, especially when the D finally managed to keep a team to 14. That number alone is why he's not the answer...

What if Davis and Walker catch those passes? Then what? Do we have 28 points?

Get

a

clue.

Those are single plays...he had opportunities to put up more points as the game went on....he didn't. We lost. Reality is he can't carry a team to a win...hasn't shown in 5 years...and didn't show it today. He's not the answer.

Wow. Just wow. I still can't believe the overflow of ignorance after a loss.

Smith haters are just unreal.

Smith haters are akin to Islamic jihadists, they just hate because that is all they have. Smith haters live sad, pathetic lives, they most likely live in trailer parks and wear wife beater T-shirts, they have a collective 10th grade education and are missing several teeth. Their favorite drink is Pabst Blue Ribbon and enjoy monster truck shows.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Okay, we made mistakes in the game....the huge one being Frank's fumbing which could have potentially lead to a TD for the lead which could have changed everything. But I'm not sure if it was the coaches or Alex's fault on these two plays.

1) Less than a minute left and we are on our side of the field and its 3rd and 4 (I think). Why did Alex try to go deep when he should have just tried to pick up the first down? The first down could have lead to a couple more throws to get into FG range or even run the clock out and try to win it in OT. I did not get this at all.

2) Same situation in the 3rd quarter when we were in the redzone I believe around the 20 yard line, when Davis missed the TD pass. Why didn't they try to pick up the first down to extend this drive instead of taking 2 out of 3 shots into the endzone? I did not get this at all.

Yes we made other mistakes throughout the whole game but these 2 jumped out at me and could have changed the way the Seahawks played the rest of the game. Another one of those "If only....".

[ Edited by Baldie on Dec 6, 2009 at 19:59:43 ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
2 dropped TD passes (Vernon and Delanie).

2 terrible fumbles (Reverse and Frank Gore).

Alex played perhaps the best game of his career.

Alex can't throw 300 yards....

Add to that, the pass immediately following Davis' drop that would have hit Crabtree in the helmet if he hadn't ducked his head. That ball was threaded into a tiny window and should have been caught. As John Madden used to say, "you are going to get hit anyway, why not catch the ball?" An $18MILLION player should catch that ball and this entire place would be different.

That was a big-time throw that should have won the game.

That was a Brandon Lloyd type of play that I don't expect from Crabtree.

That's what I was thinking.. Crabtree has to man up...

Any truth to the rumor that Seattle returned the gift win when they heard it didn't come from Smith.....They wanted an Alex 3 int special for Xmas
Just goes to show we need a running game. Basically, we need an OL and an unpredictable running game.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by teeohh:
49ers (5-7) have lost games this season by 3, 3, 4, 7, 6, 3 ... and 35.

We are getting better, slowly but surely.

unfortunately this is the path that rarely works.

Team A sucks, and rebuilds, they grow in 2-3 seasons into a playoff team

Team B sucks, rebuilds, they grow in 2-3 seasons into a mediocre team where they remain for 3-5 seasons before having to rebuild again

Team C sucks, rebuilds, they still suck even after a couple seasons, and rebuild again

We are Team B

The raiders are looking for some fans..
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Don't forget the Battle/Jones fumble.

i know, i never forget that one.. F**k Battle mofo!! he is mess up with ball and gave him with ball that mess up.. I blame Battle because he is damn cowards cuz my eyes on him.. damn him!! i call him stink and behind with cowards mofo!!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Just goes to show we need a running game. Basically, we need an OL and an unpredictable running game.

Alex played great , but we do need an OL so we can run the ball more next year.It is way to late to try and fix OL now , so just kick back and enjoy Alex's throws for he is playing great . And get VD some hands next year to would be great!
Share 49ersWebzone