LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 232 users in the forums

Gore and Craig?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am all for using the spread offense, BUT I sure wish Sing/Raye would look at how Walsh used Craig in the passing game out of a traditional offensive formation. When not in the spread, Gore could be a terror as a receiver out of the back field. When Craig played, a linebacker or safety had to account for him coming out of the backfield on every pass play. I'd love to see Gore one on one with C.B.'s/safeties in space. He would kick their butts! Gore could get as much yardage receiving as rushing in many games IMO.
Originally posted by stevenking57:
I am all for using the spread offense, BUT I sure wish Sing/Raye would look at how Walsh used Craig in the passing game out of a traditional offensive formation. When not in the spread, Gore could be a terror as a receiver out of the back field. When Craig played, a linebacker or safety had to account for him coming out of the backfield on every pass play. I'd love to see Gore one on one with C.B.'s/safeties in space. He would kick their butts! Gore could get as much yardage receiving as rushing in many games IMO.

I'm with you man. I don't know why gore is not getting more screens thrown his way....I guess they don't know that he has also been our best reciever over the last couple of seasons.
Our line isn't built for it. We have consistently been horrible on screens all year.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Our line isn't built for it. We have consistently been horrible on screens all year.

THIS

we have to leave Gore in to block most of the time because the line blows so much.
Share 49ersWebzone