There are 997 users in the forums

Niners / NFC Stretch Drive

Shop Find 49ers gear online
& it looks like Winfield should be back against the Cards
  • Antix
  • Veteran
The Seattle game scares me. We were in this position in 06 remember?

We lost to the Rams in a game that woulda had us a strong playoff contender then and we lose to Zona later on which pretty much ends us. If we win that game we might have been in the Tourney in 06.

We're in a similiar position now. After a big win we MUST beat Seattle one the road to make the tourney. We will get an awesome sign to how good Sing is as a coach. Our boys MUST play fired up from here out for us to have a chance. And we must gameplan to beat teams, not just try not to lose (we did a very good job with Jax)

I refuse to look past Seattle but a win in Sea really excities me for our possibility. Then Hopefully its an NFC West Championship game on Monday Night.

How friggin HUGE would that be for us?
Originally posted by Antix:
The Seattle game scares me. We were in this position in 06 remember?

We lost to the Rams in a game that woulda had us a strong playoff contender then and we lose to Zona later on which pretty much ends us. If we win that game we might have been in the Tourney in 06.

We're in a similiar position now. After a big win we MUST beat Seattle one the road to make the tourney. We will get an awesome sign to how good Sing is as a coach. Our boys MUST play fired up from here out for us to have a chance. And we must gameplan to beat teams, not just try not to lose (we did a very good job with Jax)

I refuse to look past Seattle but a win in Sea really excities me for our possibility. Then Hopefully its an NFC West Championship game on Monday Night.

How friggin HUGE would that be for us?

I don't think anyone is thinking Seattle is going to be an "easy" win, but Seattle isn't the same team they were in 2006 and same goes for us.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Big game in Seattle but I got this crazy feeling that Dec 14th is the day we tie for the division lead.

Lets go Vikings!

I cant believe I'm going to be rooting for that dinosaur! I will go back to hating him after he kicks Arizona's ass!

and hopefully Warner has to sit out and Lienert plays

yes, although he didn't look horrible this Sunday. They almost won that game with him at the helm!
Big game in Seattle but I got this crazy feeling that Dec 14th is the day we tie for the division lead.

Lets go Vikings!

I cant believe I'm going to be rooting for that dinosaur! I will go back to hating him after he kicks Arizona's ass!

yes, although he didn't look horrible this Sunday. They almost won that game with him at the helm!

yeah but Lienert didnt take any snaps during practice all week, Titans didnt game plan for him at all, much like the Texans vs 9ers game

Minnesota pass rush is better than the Titans as well.

I dont think Lienert will be as successful this week

Lets go Vikings!

yeah but Lienert didnt take any snaps during practice all week, Titans didnt game plan for him at all, much like the Texans vs 9ers game

I hope the two-headed 'Williams monster' tears his heart out from his chest! Right through his pads!

Lets go Vikings!

I hope the two-headed 'Williams monster' tears his heart out from his chest! Right through his pads!

YES
  • obx49
  • Veteran
I think it is safe to say that we are all Vikings fans now right now. I try to not look at scenarios that may or may not happen. We should just take it one game at a time and wish the Vikings beat Arizona this Sunday and we don't get complacent against Hassleback (who is still a top 10 Qb in the league) and lose.
I understand we're takin things one week at a time...but for everyone whose been declaring our MNF game with Arizona the game that will decide the winner of the NFC West, you all know that we got Philly the next week right? AT Philly by the way...

Yeah...

I know...

Any given Sunday tho right?

Just sayin...
We just have to keep winning games

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:
I understand we're takin things one week at a time...but for everyone whose been declaring our MNF game with Arizona the game that will decide the winner of the NFC West, you all know that we got Philly the next week right? AT Philly by the way...

Yeah...

I know...

Just sayin...

Let's say we beat Seattle and Arizona loses to Minnesota. The following week, we beat Arizona. Even if we lose to Philadelphia and end up a game behind Arizona with two to play, we'd still have a shot because Arizona plays Green Bay in Lambeau the final week of the season. There's a strong possibility that the loser of that game doesn't make the playoffs, so I'm going to have to go with Green Bay at home, 41-38. We'd both finish 9-7, but we'd be in and Arizona would be out.

Originally posted by GameOver:

Yeah...

I know...

Just sayin...

we're beating Philly
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
1. New Orleans (10-0)
2. Minnesota (10-1)
3. Dallas (8-3) ** at NYG / San Diego / at New Orleans / at Wash. / Philadelphia
4. Arizona (7-4) ** Minnesota / at San Fran. / at Detroit / St. Louis / Green Bay

5. Philadelphia (7-4) ** at Atlanta / at NYG / San Fran. / Denver / at Dallas
6. Green Bay (7-4) ** Baltimore / at Chicago / at Pittsburgh / Seattle / at Arizona
7. New York (6-5) ** Dallas / Philadelphia / at Washington / Carolina / at Minnesota
8. Atlanta (6-5) ** Philadelphia / New Orleans / at New York Jets / Buffalo / at Tampa Bay
9. San Francisco (5-6) ** at Seattle / Arizona / at Philadelphia / Detroit / at St. Louis

* The Saints & Vikes are locked in.

* Dallas, Philly and New York all have tough final stretches where they all play each other in addition to playing other playoff contenders. No clue as how the East ends up. Hopefully they beat the hell out of each other.

* Green Bay has three tough games including two on the road. I can easily see the Pack ending-up at 9-7, unfortunately they beat us head to head.

* Atlanta’s next two games are tough but they’re both at home before what should be three wins to finish the season. They’re pretty banged-up right now (Ryan won't play vs Philly). I still think 9-7 is realistic . . . but again like Green Bay, they beat us head to head.

* Obviously the Niner’s best hope to get into the playoffs is to win the Division. We need way too much help to get a Wildcard.

We're still a big longshot but I think we'll make it interesting.

screw the wildcard our best chance is still the division.
mark my words
Cards lose big to Minn/SF wins big against Sea
SF wins in OT the following week
SF then finishes 2-1 in the final 3 weeks (losing to Phi by 3) putting us at 9-7

The Cards have the same final 3 game finish to also end up at 9-7

9ers go the playoffs based on the fact that we are 2-0 vs the Cards and 6-0 in the West!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. New Orleans (10-0)
2. Minnesota (10-1)
3. Dallas (8-3) ** at NYG / San Diego / at New Orleans / at Wash. / Philadelphia
4. Arizona (7-4) ** Minnesota / at San Fran. / at Detroit / St. Louis / Green Bay

6. Green Bay (7-4) ** Baltimore / at Chicago / at Pittsburgh / Seattle / at Arizona
7. New York (6-5) ** Dallas / Philadelphia / at Washington / Carolina / at Minnesota
8. Atlanta (6-5) ** Philadelphia / New Orleans / at New York Jets / Buffalo / at Tampa Bay
9. San Francisco (5-6) ** at Seattle / Arizona / at Philadelphia / Detroit / at St. Louis

* Dallas, Philly and New York all have tough final stretches where they all play each other in addition to playing other playoff contenders. No clue as how the East ends up. Hopefully they beat the hell out of each other.

* Green Bay has three tough games including two on the road. I can easily see the Pack ending-up at 9-7, unfortunately they beat us head to head.

* Atlanta’s next two games are tough but they’re both at home before what should be three wins to finish the season. They’re pretty banged-up right now (Ryan won't play vs Philly). I still think 9-7 is realistic . . . but again like Green Bay, they beat us head to head.

* Obviously the Niner’s best hope to get into the playoffs is to win the Division. We need way too much help to get a Wildcard.

It's simple.. The 49ers have to run the table and hope that the Cards lose to the Vikings or Packers. I can't see the Cards losing to either the Rams or Lions.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
1. New Orleans (10-0)
2. Minnesota (10-1)

screw the wildcard our best chance is still the division.
mark my words
Cards lose big to Minn/SF wins big against Sea
SF wins in OT the following week
SF then finishes 2-1 in the final 3 weeks (losing to Phi by 3) putting us at 9-7

The Cards have the same final 3 game finish to also end up at 9-7

9ers go the playoffs based on the fact that we are 2-0 vs the Cards and 6-0 in the West!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's very possible.
Share 49ersWebzone