There are 341 users in the forums

Coordinator Thread...and rest of staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by theginz2004:
Originally posted by SandSlingin49er:
this was interesting. Mike Sando posted this about how many time each NFL team sent an all out blitz(6 or more rushers)

The Saints were number 1 with 130 all out blitzes which is 8.1 per game

The 9ers were 27th with 25 all out blitzes which is 1.6 times a game.

Here is the link

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/31383/how-aggressive-was-your-teams-defense

Goes to show how conservative Manusky was.....

Suprised by GB ranking.

28 Green Bay Packers 22 1.4

One spot lower the the 49ers. Guess they don't need to send the house because of Clay Matthews.

Well, the link says all out blitzes. It would be helpful to know what Sando defines as a blitz or all out blitz.

From watching green bay, they dont send everyone and the kitchen sink.

They send 4-5 guys each time at different angles.

what Sando defined as an all out blitz is in the first sentence of my original post

my bad
Originally posted by SandSlingin49er:
this was interesting. Mike Sando posted this about how many time each NFL team sent an all out blitz(6 or more rushers)

The Saints were number 1 with 130 all out blitzes which is 8.1 per game

The 9ers were 27th with 25 all out blitzes which is 1.6 times a game.

Here is the link

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/31383/how-aggressive-was-your-teams-defense

Goes to show how conservative Manusky was.....

Why do I think Singlecell dictated this, believing that everyone should simply line up and destroy the guy in front of him without any of them there fancy schemes or blitzes. Can't judge anyone until they get the chance to coach or play in a rational system.
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Stanford's HC decision should come today . . .

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2011/01/13/stanford-football-updating-the-coaching-search-perhaps-for-the-last-time/

Let's hope so . . .

If the article's facts are correct, then it sounds like we might prefer Roman over Shaw anyway.
MaioccoCSN

Greg Roman becomes frontrunner to be 49ers O.C.?RT @timkawakami Jon Wilner reports Stanford expected to name David Shaw head coach today.
MaioccoCSN

Greg Roman becomes frontrunner to be 49ers O.C.?RT @timkawakami Jon Wilner reports Stanford expected to name David Shaw head coach today.

I thought Harbaugh was going to call his own plays?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
MaioccoCSN

He'll call some.

This is not the guy to run our Offense

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/roman_greg00.html

To much of a west coast bias
MaioccoCSN

Greg Roman, 38, was Jim Harbaugh's associate head coach/assistant head coach offense/tight ends/offensive tackles.

Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

Roman served a variety of roles (never a coordinator) in 13 NFL seasons with Panthers, Texans and Ravens.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
MaioccoCSN

Playcalling at Stanford was a group effort between Harbaugh, Greg Roman, and David Shaw.

They have been fairly cryptic about who called what and really only have said that its a "group effort".

As I understand it, thety had a Passing Corrdinator (David Shaw) and a Running Coordinator (Greg Roman). Harbaugh would get input from both and call the play.

Thats what I've been able to put together.

Greg Roman will most likely join the 49ers in some capacity, but don't be shocked if the Niners hire another guy whose role sounds similar to Romans....like say Marc "He's outa here!!" Trestman.

At least explain why you feel that way.
Can't have a guy with West Coast bias running our West Coast Offence.
I agree . . . he's never been an offensive coordinator at any level. I've heard his name mentioned as an OL coach, but not OC for the Niners.

With Shaw being hired as HC at Stanford I'd like to keep Solari at OL coach and hire Roman for TE's, which he's done before in the NFL.
Man, I'd love to see him as our OL coach...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
MaioccoCSN

Marks bro?
Share 49ersWebzone