LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 261 users in the forums

Sounds crazy..but we still have one last chance for playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
If all those scenarios come into play then there will be none of the teams involved in the tie break that will have less losses in the conference or division than the 49ers. 49ers would have 4 losses in the conference and only 1 loss in the division in the all came true that is
Originally posted by tmg808:
If all those scenarios come into play then there will be none of the teams involved in the tie break that will have less losses in the conference or division than the 49ers. 49ers would have 4 losses in the conference and only 1 loss in the division in the all came true that is

Indeed. Except if Philly wins tonight. Then even if they lost all remaining games, they'd be 9-7 with an 8-4 conference record, but in THAT case, if we beat them, we'd win the tiebreak over them.
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by tmg808:

Indeed. Except if Philly wins tonight. Then even if they lost all remaining games, they'd be 9-7 with an 8-4 conference record, but in THAT case, if we beat them, we'd win the tiebreak over them.

I know still dim, but at least its another option
what ever happened to us winning the divison? too bad that doesn't count anymore. I mean seriously we beat AZ & STL we win the Divison because our divison record would be 5-1. Ah crap!
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Gelder:
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
I'm sure its technically still possible to get in the playoffs, and I would love it to happen, but in my mind the 49ers are completely out of it. Not to mention the fact that they don't really deserve to be in the playoffs.

We are probably out of it. But I think if we got 9 wins, we would deserve it.

Consider how many closes losses we had, especially like Minnesota and Seattle. We really should be 7-5 right now.

If the 49ers did go to the playoffs with this type of scenario and the Eagles make it in. Then the 49ers would have beat the Cardinals twice, beat the Eagles, played the Packers and Vikings down to the last possession. And all this would be pointless if the lose tomorrow. but its fun to think about
i hate to say it... but we're f**ked.

beating philly -- the same team that's tearing the NYG secondary a new a*****e -- IN philly seems a slim chance at best. BUT... GO NINERS! miracles have happened before!
too confusing. i'll wait and see what everyone thinks after we beat the cardinals and the eagles
fck we have no hope lol
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
too confusing. i'll wait and see what everyone thinks after we beat the cardinals and the eagles

To keep it simple, root for New York to win, and then root against the NFC East (aside from Washington) for the rest of the season. The collapse of Arizona and/or the NFC East teams is what we need to make it, simply put.
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

True.. It's too early to think there is hope after the 49ers have put themselves in such a big hole. The Eagles look tough passing, that will probably expose us. But if they can pull it off. 9-7 looks good in or out of the playoffs

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If 49ers win all remaining games, finishing with a conference record of 8-4, what must occur in addition is:

Arizona must lose two of their last three among Detroit, St. Louis, and Green Bay. That would clinch the 49ers the Division.

If Philly wins tonight, they would have to lose all remaining games. OR Dallas must lose two of their next three against New Orleans, Washington and Philly AND New York must lose two out of three against Washington, Carolina, and Minnesota.

If New York wins tonight, Philly has to lose one of their last two, and the Giants have to lose two of their three remaining games.

Or any of those scenarios plus Green Bay losing all remaining games.

Head-to-head will NOT be the tiebreaker, CONFERENCE RECORD is the tie-breaker. Head-to-head only matters within the division or if Conference Record is tied.

If you notice, Jacksonville LOST to Miami today, yet with the same record still holds the Wildcard over Miami.

------------------------------------------

That's it in a nutshell. I may have missed a scenario or two, but these scenarios all have us finishing with conference record of 8-4, and the other teams 7-5 in the conference.

Those teams remaining schedules a little more easier to read (Week 15 and beyond):

Cardinals
at Lions
vs Rams
vs Packers

Eagles:
vs 49ers
vs Broncos
at Cowboys

Giants:
at Washington
vs Carolina
at Minnesota

Packers:
at Pittsburgh
vs Seattle
at Cardinals

Cowboys:
at Saints
at Redskins
vs Eagles
9ers need to win and knock Warner out for the rest of the season. Not likely but possible
We're aren't going to beat philly?? who's going to keep up with desean jackson??
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
You seriously think this team is capable of winning 4 in a row?

this. how much consistency have we shown this year?
i have a better chance winning the lotto than the 9ers have going to the playoffs. gm at philly is a guaranteed loss
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
i have a better chance winning the lotto than the 9ers have going to the playoffs. gm at philly is a guaranteed loss

I hate that your right. i am going to the philly game, my 1st 9ers game ever sucks for me i guess.
Share 49ersWebzone