Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by Method:
LMAO.

Check out this twitter post by Matt Maiocco:

" 49ers ran 34 of their 46 offensive plays from the shotgun formation, including 28 of 29 in the second half.

And the one play in which Alex Smith took a snap from center in the second half . . . was intercepted. "

WOW.

Anyone else not surprised? Dude is so much better from shotgun.

He's ok in drop back. That play was a mix of having your back against the wall and VD not running the play through.

no Smith sucks when dropping back from under center. The main reason is he has defenders in his face and has no time to set his feet to throw.

Wouldn't any QB suck in those circumstances?

thats the point I have been trying to make to these Smith haters.

Explain how Rodgers has produced all year with his o-line which is the worst in the NFL?

Their wins have come against the 49ers, Browns, Lions, Rams, Bears, & Cowboys.

That's how. Only one of those teams has a winning record.

A win is a win regardless of the competition you got some lame excuses. How did big ben win the super bowl with a terrible O-line last year? It can be done he is just not a smart QB.

The Steelers had the BEST DEFENSE in the NFL in 2009. Just stop.

The offense is what won them the super bowl and he still made great plays that's all I'm saying which Smith lacks.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
LMAO.

" 49ers ran 34 of their 46 offensive plays from the shotgun formation, including 28 of 29 in the second half.

And the one play in which Alex Smith took a snap from center in the second half . . . was intercepted. "

WOW.

He's ok in drop back. That play was a mix of having your back against the wall and VD not running the play through.

no Smith sucks when dropping back from under center. The main reason is he has defenders in his face and has no time to set his feet to throw.

Explain how Rodgers has produced all year with his o-line which is the worst in the NFL?

A win is a win regardless of the competition you got some lame excuses. How did big ben win the super bowl with a terrible O-line last year? It can be done he is just not a smart QB.

The offense is what won them the super bowl and he still made great plays that's all I'm saying which Smith lacks.

Smith can't make great plays? Then who threw those 3 TD's today?
LMAO.

WOW.

Pressure situation? I think not! Just like the Texans game!
LMAO.

WOW.

So the James Harrison pick-six never happened?
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Nov 22, 2009 at 3:52 PM ]
LMAO.

WOW.

Sorry guy but the defense lost the Texans game
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by susweel:
Alexcuses.

PonHillicators.

~Ceadder

THEY BOTH SUCK

you guys are sooooo blind

More than once already we have seen the offense become potent when running the spread with Smith. To not see that is to be blind.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by susweel:
Alexcuses.

PonHillicators.

~Ceadder

THEY BOTH SUCK

you guys are sooooo blind

More than once already we have seen the offense become potent when running the spread with Smith. To not see that is to be blind.

this!
LMAO.

WOW.

No the offense did that is why Hill was benched and the same should of been done to Smith at the half but didn't.

Hope they're getting Davis ready for some starts we gotta be looking for next year.
LMAO.

WOW.

I never said that? But that saying Harrison did not win him the game Big Ben did.
LMAO.

WOW.

I never said that? But that saying Harrison did not win him the game Big Ben did.

You're funny.

LMAO.

WOW.

No the offense did that is why Hill was benched and the same should of been done to Smith at the half but didn't.

Hope they're getting Davis ready for some starts we gotta be looking for next year.

do you not read every single report that has come out about the game talks about the philosophy change for the offense in the 2nd half, if you put the first half on anyone other then the coaches you are stupid...retarded and a complete waste of space.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Im not gonna lie, i was blaming alex smith in that first half when he was 3/7 for 5 yards.. but when i looked at it again on my DVR, it was (for the most part) not his fault.. his receivers were being shut down and he had ABSOLUTELY no time to throw the ball.. the O-line was getting absolutely rocked by the GB defense..

The problem in the first half was the playcalling and the O-line clearly.. Jimmy raye was not letting alex spread the field(even if alex did it wouldnt have mattered due to the lack of blocking).

THE INT WAS NOT HIS FAULT... he was backed up in his endzone so he had to throw it and it looked to be a good pass.. vernon just wasnt looking.. another miscommunication. i am so sick of this team having miscommunications.....

The second half the play calling was perfect.. raye stretched the field and let smith throw it downfield... The line blocked and what happend?? we scored on nearly every drive.. Smith threw some beautiful balls and everyone knows it...

To me, this game shows one thing... if we block for alex and stretch the field more often to throw off defenses, I think alex would do just fine as sf's starting QB

Wooow, I cant believe it... SAME EXCUSES!!!!
Hey, if you have a DVR go back and c his interception, cause you might recorded the wrong game. The pass was on top of VD and he wasnt even looking yet.
and also go back and c if u can count his passing yards on the 1st half. its not gonna take that long, he had 5 as u mentioned.

PLEASE NO MORE EXCUSES, HE SUCKS!!!!! along with mummy raye

He throws a int which I agree was his fault and you say no excuses,he sucks

He also threw 3 td's and almost brought the 49ers back but yet you will still he sucks right?

You are using his int as a "EXCUSE" to say he sucks

get a life

Mr. Super Motel 6
At this point we dont need excuses, i agree with you. We been coming up with all type of excuses since he was drafted. We're tired of it, the guy had plenty of time to develop and show potential (he's been injured, many different coaches, etc, etc) He's healthy and continues to lose.
My intend is to post my opinion i'm a SF 49er fan just like you, and i've never replied to anyone something like "get a life". maybe i dont, so why dont you hire me to work at your super 5 motel???
ALEX SMITH SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Im not gonna lie, i was blaming alex smith in that first half when he was 3/7 for 5 yards.. but when i looked at it again on my DVR, it was (for the most part) not his fault.. his receivers were being shut down and he had ABSOLUTELY no time to throw the ball.. the O-line was getting absolutely rocked by the GB defense..

The problem in the first half was the playcalling and the O-line clearly.. Jimmy raye was not letting alex spread the field(even if alex did it wouldnt have mattered due to the lack of blocking).

THE INT WAS NOT HIS FAULT... he was backed up in his endzone so he had to throw it and it looked to be a good pass.. vernon just wasnt looking.. another miscommunication. i am so sick of this team having miscommunications.....

The second half the play calling was perfect.. raye stretched the field and let smith throw it downfield... The line blocked and what happend?? we scored on nearly every drive.. Smith threw some beautiful balls and everyone knows it...

To me, this game shows one thing... if we block for alex and stretch the field more often to throw off defenses, I think alex would do just fine as sf's starting QB

Wooow, I cant believe it... SAME EXCUSES!!!!
Hey, if you have a DVR go back and c his interception, cause you might recorded the wrong game. The pass was on top of VD and he wasnt even looking yet.
and also go back and c if u can count his passing yards on the 1st half. its not gonna take that long, he had 5 as u mentioned.

PLEASE NO MORE EXCUSES, HE SUCKS!!!!! along with mummy raye

He throws a int which I agree was his fault and you say no excuses,he sucks

He also threw 3 td's and almost brought the 49ers back but yet you will still he sucks right?

You are using his int as a "EXCUSE" to say he sucks

get a life

Mr. Super Motel 6
At this point we dont need excuses, i agree with you. We been coming up with all type of excuses since he was drafted. We're tired of it, the guy had plenty of time to develop and show potential (he's been injured, many different coaches, etc, etc) He's healthy and continues to lose.
My intend is to post my opinion i'm a SF 49er fan just like you, and i've never replied to anyone something like "get a life". maybe i dont, so why dont you hire me to work at your super 5 motel???
ALEX SMITH SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plenty of time to develop... right.

Alex Smith has played less than two healthy seasons of cumulative NFL play.

So, not so much buddy. It just seems longer because he was hurt for two years.
What the fack, people?

How could you put this loss on Alex Smith? Was he resposnsible for the elevendy billion missed tackles today? Was he on the field when the Packers got three key first downs to salt away the game?

The problems with the 49ers are the same as always: They can't get a decent pass rush when it matters and they can't block when it matters. Neither of these things have anything to do with Al.

Anyone who says they truly know what they have in Alex Smith at this point is lying or an idiot.
He plays bad and he plays good....at times.

It's still not good enough. He still sucks, he's never going to get better. Time to move on.

If Nate Davis isn't the answer then look into the draft.

Alex Smith has NEVER put together a full game of football.

This is the EXACT opinion I expect from someone who already threw the towel in years ago. The man could win a big game and your opinion would probably still be the same.

Nevermind that I've PROVEN that we've seen other QBs' through the ages go through similar issues only to have success.

Either he's going to get sick of this kind of result and fade away making you right.

Or he's going to get sick of this kind of result and own you and the rest of the haters for life.

I'm going to bet that it's the latter at this point. Because he's had PLENTY of chances to be that guy. The guy that steps under Center with the intentions to be off the field as quickly as possible. The guy that just throws it up there for anyone to catch it. The guy that hears footsteps and hits the deck just standing in the huddle.

But he's not THAT guy. He's hung in there and taken his lumps all the while TRYING to win games hand cuffed to the Locker Room Radiator by the OLine and Coaching staff.

~Ceadder

Well said.
Share 49ersWebzone