There are 518 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn interview with Ira Miller

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
"Cohn: You heard the tape of Singletary and me at his Monday news conference. He got upset over what I considered a mild question. Why? Does it tell us anything about him?"

Wow. What a question to ask.

Let it go. Just let it go.

-9fA

It's seems that Cohn has been infected with Kawakami-itis, and felt a need to inject himself into a story.

I respect Kawakami a whole lot more than Cohn.

Cohn is nothing more than a 3rd tier pseudo journalist who feels the need to personally inject himself in the story because that's the only way people would ever read any of his articles.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Nov 11, 2009 at 18:31:24 ]
AND HE IS OFF!!!!

Cohn: Time for 49ers to put up or Singletary to shut up
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20091111/sports/911119921

man Cohn is trying to get Sing to Snap....he even through words around like

Quote:
You wonder if Singletary really has convictions, is committed to what he says he believes, or if his convictions are just fancy words that blow here and there like hot air.

now I know he is talking about football...but he also knows Sing is religious....it looks like he purposely used the word "convictions"....when he could have phrased it a different way.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Going back to march, Cohn never seem to like Sing for whatever reason. and obviously he waited for the right opportunity (the loosing streak) to go on the offensive.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by doodle:
Wow, Cohn is really bitter:

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20091111/sports/911119921

Cohn knows the TRUTH. He's not fooled by Singletary like many on this board are. The article is fair and I applaud Cohn for it.

co-signed. Nothing will change. The Niner will play 500 ball from here on out and everything will be in the same fashion as it has been.

Sing better learn how to replace players quick, because this team is half a dozen starters shy of competing for any title.

And here's where we're handicapped by bad drafting/personnel decisions:

Spikes, Smith, Clements, Heitman, and Franklin are either 30 or fast approaching. Even the window on the CURRENT team is closing.

We will need to rebuild completely in 2 years as these players become more susceptible to injury.

I wouldn't put Clements in the old category. He's 29. A good corner can play well until 33, 34, 35. Deion was real good into his 30's.

The 49ers 94 Super Bowl team had several 30 something players on the roster at key positions. So did the Cowboys dynasty team of the 90's. Look at the rosters.

It's a dream world to think every player is going to be 29 and less on your roster. Look around the NFL. Get real.

Yes, the 1994 49ers had 30-somethings with GREAT talent in the trenches, great coaching and awesome preparation. Does Deion need to be outstanding every game with a very young Stubblefield and Young at DT, Ricky Jackson at DE, providing a real pass-rush? Dominating safety play with Hanks who could cover any TE? Deion was brought in for Dallas.

Where are teams young? Trenches and CB (where you need speed). The key players on the Cowboys team of the 90's weren't 30 something in 1992.

Jerry Rice was 32. John Taylor was 32. Do you need speed at that position?

Darryl Green ran a 4.24 at 40 years old. Don't tell me you can't be fast and older. That depends on the person.

Your team is always going to have a mixture of 20 something and 30 something guys. That's good BTW. You can't put all rookies and 2nd year guys out there and expect to win.
Share 49ersWebzone