LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 523 users in the forums

Nate Davis - Will he eventually be great?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
He has a good arm, he has size, he's got some mobility; now let's see how this guy adapts to NFL defense schemes, his pocket awareness, poise, and leadership ability.

that's exactly true for every young qb

you have the last reply and in current thread

insomnia

watch the angels / yankees game.
He has a good arm, he has size, he's got some mobility; now let's see how this guy adapts to NFL defense schemes, his pocket awareness, poise, and leadership ability.

insomnia

i lost interest in baseball during the steroids blow up. At first it was just going to be a temporary strike from watching/supporting the game but I just haven't felt interested in picking it up again.

insomnia

i lost interest in baseball during the steroids blow up. At first it was just going to be a temporary strike from watching/supporting the game but I just haven't felt interested in picking it up again.

14th inning.

insomnia

14th inning.

don't care

insomnia

14th inning.

don't care

Watch Twilight, you be out in 10 minutes
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Nate will never be a starting Qb in the NFL. Can you say developmental player.

THANK YOU ENOUGH OF THIS MADNESS!!!

None of us have really seen enough of him to make any sort of authoritative announcement about his future one way or the other. He has shown some very nice flashes in preseason which bodes well for him, but I'm not convinced that he's ever going to be the answer. For whatever it's worth, I think he has a good chance of becoming a very good backup QB, but I doubt that he'll ever be a top-tear starting QB. But we'll see.

this

Makes no sense.

5th round pick out of Ball St. learning disability etc I just don't see this guy being a starter but I think he has talent and I'm glad we have him.

Just because he learns better by pictures rather then writing doesn't mean he cant understand what is going on. Hell, even I like to be showed what to do rather than told most of the time.
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:

None of us have really seen enough of him to make any sort of authoritative announcement about his future one way or the other. He has shown some very nice flashes in preseason which bodes well for him, but I'm not convinced that he's ever going to be the answer. For whatever it's worth, I think he has a good chance of becoming a very good backup QB, but I doubt that he'll ever be a top-tear starting QB. But we'll see.

this

Makes no sense.

5th round pick out of Ball St. learning disability etc I just don't see this guy being a starter but I think he has talent and I'm glad we have him.

Just because he learns better by pictures rather then writing doesn't mean he cant understand what is going on. Hell, even I like to be showed what to do rather than told most of the time.

I believe this may be a considerable problem. Right now he is learning parts of Raye offense. But who is to say Raye will be the OC 2 years from now. What if we end up with a Gruden type coordinator who expects his QB to learn a lot of material quickly? We've seen how changing coordinators can affect someone as bright as Smith. I would have reservations about someone who may take additional time or require additonal tutoring to grasp basic material in what is in a fact a very dynamic league.

this

Makes no sense.

You have covered all of the basis, bud
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:

this

Makes no sense.

I believe this may be a considerable problem. Right now he is learning parts of Raye offense. But who is to say Raye will be the OC 2 years from now. What if we end up with a Gruden type coordinator who expects his QB to learn a lot of material quickly? We've seen how changing coordinators can affect someone as bright as Smith. I would have reservations about someone who may take additional time or require additonal tutoring to grasp basic material in what is in a fact a very dynamic league.

I have thought of the same things, but his issue is not learning the material, just the way that the material is presented to him. Like more film study with coaches instead of just reading the plabook. It would take more time to learn it but he would still learn it. You would just have to have the new coordinator in house early in the preseason, but that is important for any QB learning a new system.
Share 49ersWebzone