There are 330 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Dino
  • Veteran
oh well.
Deion basically said Crabtree does not want to play with the QB's we have or in the scheme we have, he knows he will have a hard time reaching incentives so I can't really blame him. Deion says Crabtree and his agent want the 49ers to meet him halfway, if that is true I think the 49ers should do that. We cannot afford to lose a top 10 pick just like this.

This whole situation is just really bad and I don't think Crabtree will ever be a 49er.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Whoever bought Crabtree jerseys can officially burn them. You can bank on it that Crabtree won't be a Niner at all.
Not true, you guys just took that completely out of context...

He said, he is able and can afford to sit out the season... once again the same threat as always....

To be the honest, the 49ers aren't exactly offering him a good contract, and as Deion described, they simply want to meet halfway in between (so not DHB money)... to be honest, given the jersey and ticket sales that a guy like Crabtree will generate, and the fact that he's a skill position guy... the niners should up their offer to over Raji's... but no more. Right now it isn't even generous given the slot, it's on the lower end of halfway in between the 9 and 11 pick... I hate Deion Sanders, I hate Eugene Parker, and I hate Parage Marathe...

I thought it also had its promising moments, as they said there are 2 teams that have inquired to trade for Crabtree's services. From how they described it, we can trade him at the end of the league year... given the teams that are interested in a WR (cough...cough... Cowboys, Jets) we would likely be getting a late 1st rounder (which would be better than nothing)...

Regardless, I still doubt it comes to that...

[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Sep 4, 2009 at 17:01:27 ]
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:
2-3 teams were seeking a trade with Craptree...

I call bull$hit on this. Not once, from any corner, have we heard an NFL person say that they would pay Crabtree more than the system allows.

They ALL have too much at stake to break the system.
If he does not want to be here let his ass sit the F@#k out.

We play with who we have on the teams.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Crabtree won't be in a Niners uniform period. We'll trade his draft rights after the season.

I hate that f**king rule...we should be able to trade his right up to the 6th week just like any other player. I'd like to sign him but I'd rather have someone who whats to play football.
The NFL network should fire Deion Sanders, he is so unprofessional. He was always bias towards the Cowboys on the air but now he is getting involved a contract negiotation and basically telling a kid not to sign with another NFL franchise.

I would be willing to bet he is working with the Cowboys on this whole thing to.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
just saw the Deion interview. Cashtree is an idiot if he thinks he can sit out the whole year and then make more money. i hope we do trade him the day before the 2010 draft to a team like the Browns.

f**k YOU CASHTREE. YOU ARE NOTHING BUT AN INGRATE.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
pay him...than trade him?

You're a MOD, what are you doing? You sign him you are on the hook for all of the guaranteed money on the contract, which is going to be like $20million, you know what that would to to our cap?

Never heard of an NFL anyalst getting involved in a contract dispute in between a player and a team and just coming out all for the player and trashing the team the player is in a contract dispute with. Very unprofessional but at the end of the day, we got fuc$ed!

Man oh man this is bad
Originally posted by 49erWill:
pay him...than trade him?

This is what I was thinking. It would have to be a team that can afford crabs.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Never heard of an NFL anyalst getting involved in a contract dispute in between a player and a team and just coming out all for the player and trashing the team the player is in a contract dispute with. Very unprofessional but at the end of the day, we got fuc$ed!

Man oh man this is bad

What did you expect from Neon Deon?
Deion probably told Crabtree he would pay him if he sits out the season and not sign with the 49ers
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Ricethefngoat:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Don't pay him. He'll learn his lesson the hard way. And lose out on 15 mill guaranteed like an idiot.

If he wants to sit out the entire season and re-enter the draft, i say let him. He won't get picked till the 2nd round, if that. And then he'll look like a dumbass and get paid somewhere in the $500,000 range.

No way we lose out on a number 1 WR. how could you want that to happen over a few million dollars that u will never see anyway. If we lose this guy then next year were down to B.Jones J.Morgan and J.Hill as our future, none of which have ever been anywhere close to being concidered the caliber of player Crabtree is concidered to have the potential of being. If we do not come up w/ a contract it will be viewed as a failure for the organization. Add incentives to his contract that can get him top 5 money and give him money somewhere around 7~8 spot. If we dont sign him we would probably need another wr next yr. N with Crabtree Gore will not have to keep dealing w/ 8 man fronts

The amount of money wasted on crabcakes could be spent on a PROVEN receiver in free agency.
Share 49ersWebzone