There are 605 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. OAKLAND RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Our run D better be on against those f*gs. They have a great running game.

Raiders fans nickname for Darren McFadden is "Run DMC." I think it's pretty catchy.

i think that was his nickname in college too

Is it just me or is this nickname laughably stupid? It was a catchy name.... for a hip hop group 20 years ago.
[ Edited by Dr_Gonzo on Aug 15, 2009 at 12:35 AM ]

Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Raiders fans nickname for Darren McFadden is "Run DMC." I think it's pretty catchy.

i think that was his nickname in college too

Is it just me or is this nickname laughably stupid? It was a catchy name.... for a hip hop group 20 years ago.

Yeah...

I agree.

It's just you. That nickname is the s**t. Kwame "The POS" Harris, and Mike "I pulled a Nolan before halftime" Singletary wish they had a nickname as cool as Run DMC.

yea our run d was questionable vs denver, but we were missing pat so i think we may be ok for the regular season. for this next game though, mckillop, mitchell, rjf, etc have a hell of a lot of growing up to do in a week.
I just wish we would sign crabtree this week so he could go head to head with heyward-bey and show us why he deserves more moolah.

yeah they do. And since this is a fan rivalry I really want to win

History lesson, T:

Raiders fans place more importance on pre-season victories than any team or group of fans in all of sports. In short, the pre-season win/loss record means nothing. Hell, the 0-16 Lions went undefeated last preseason.

I, vividly, recall Raider fans claiming, "We beat the 9ers!" after we won the Super Bowl, and they were referencing a pre-season contest as if it meant they had bragging rights. (Please reference this fact to said "friend.")
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

yeah they do. And since this is a fan rivalry I really want to win

History lesson, T:

Raiders fans place more importance on pre-season victories than any team or group of fans in all of sports. In short, the pre-season win/loss record means nothing. Hell, the 0-16 Lions went undefeated last preseason.

I, vividly, recall Raider fans claiming, "We beat the 9ers!" after we won the Super Bowl, and they were referencing a pre-season contest as if it meant they had bragging rights. (Please reference this fact to said "friend.")

I know it doesn't mean anything

But for the sake of hearing "haha niners suxrs we beet yous you sux" I rather just win so they shut up
Will this game be on tv?
Originally posted by WillisOnThree:
Will this game be on tv?

in the bay of course
I'm really interested in how our WRs handle Oakland's corners, and if our run D will hold McFadden and Russel.

nfl network says they are airing all 65 games but i just checked the website and i dont see the raider game on there? any ideas?
Originally posted by 228niner:
nfl network says they are airing all 65 games but i just checked the website and i dont see the raider game on there? any ideas?

They only show games of real NFL teams on NFL Network.
I hope to get a good laugh out of this game.
Are you guys tailgating for this game? Who is going? I'll be there. It'd be cool to see some zoners. Some of you have my number. If not PM me.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Let's
go
Niners!

Let's
go
Niners!!
Share 49ersWebzone