There are 143 users in the forums

Baker Mayfield Gets His Own Thread

Has some questions, but I really like his arm / release. And he seems to think quickly, which is nice (especially after years of molasses brain).

Couple examples of why I like his arm / release:

His first read is left, and then he goes to his 2nd as he's being flushed out of the pocket & then slings a strike on the run with VERY little movement of his body (Even w/ a dude in his face):

Mayfield: 31 yards off his back foot & momentum going backwards w/ a quick delivery (and a hand in his face):

[ Edited by NinerSickness on Sep 5, 2017 at 9:13 PM ]
I know it was against UTEP, but he went 19 of 20 for 16.5 YPA. Pretty much like Kramer beating up children for his first game. Good warm up / exercise, and that's about it.
Negatives

Has too much Kaepernick in him. Doesn't know how to throw the ball away to avoid a sack. If he plays his little-dog-syndrome style in the NFL, he's going to have a very short career.

Accuracy on the deep ball needs improvement.

Happy, Jeff-Garcia feet. Needs to chill the f**k out.

Telegraphs his passes. Turns his body instead of his head or eyes.

...Still a lot to like, though. He's improved some of this in the last couple of years.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
FWIW he has had his own thread:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/187082-baker-mayfield-qb-oklahoma/
Originally posted by Jcool:
FWIW he has had his own thread:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/187082-baker-mayfield-qb-oklahoma/

Oh, sorry. I saw the one with him and Rudolph.
I really want him to get drafted to the Saints. I feel that Sitting behind drew brees for a year or two will do wonders for his career instead of starting right away. I think he's capable of being a Day 1 guy, but he'll benefit much more from Brees. Just my 2 cents.
Dude is going top 6, before Rosen
I'm more impressed with his passing skills than I anticipated.
I fear His mouth will get him in trouble,seems like such a punk.

Man is it nice having a FQB not needing to worry about that position in the draft is a great feeling.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Dude is going top 6, before Rosen

I just don't see him going before Rosen.

Allen goes 1
Saquon goes 2
Chubb goes 3
Minkah goes 4
Nelson goes 5 (Assuming Denver gets Kirk)
Baker goes 6

Book it
I like him, but I can't see that happening. He'll end up a Saint, Steeler or Charger before this draft is over. On a side note, imagine him getting drafted to the Patriots. I'd pay good money to see how he and Brady get along lol.
So glad Riddick isnt our GM, he was on the radio this weekend saying he would take Baker 1st if he was Cle's GM
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Allen goes 1
Saquon goes 2
Chubb goes 3
Minkah goes 4
Nelson goes 5 (Assuming Denver gets Kirk)
Baker goes 6

Book it

Not sure about Minkah. The rest of those guy aside Baker should be top 8 for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone