LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 303 users in the forums

If Garret is still there at # 2...........

If Garret is still there at # 2...........

Originally posted by jimrat:
I can see the Browns doing something stupid like this.......not far fetched

78 percent say spring to the podium and pick garrett, and I am in that camp.
Originally posted by 9erred:

Im in the opposite camp....

53 players make up a successful team, not just one stud here and there.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by English:
Trade down if you can get the value you want.

which would be...? Whats your price?

5 and 18 from Tenessee would work for me (as an example)

And for the record, I've been laughed at by many for saying we should trade down if Garrett is there so this post will be interesting to watch.

Personally I would just want to take Garrett, but if we were to m move down I would want the deal to be with Tennessee for picks 5, 18 and maybe another pick or two.
Originally posted by JBrack:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
My price would be ridiculous but here it goes:

We get that team's 1st, 2nd, 3rd for the next 5 years.

Why not just say, draft Garrett? Thats never going to happen.

Neither one is going to happen.
If trading down into top 10, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 1st next year. If outside top 10, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 1st and 3rd next year
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Neither one is going to happen.

Good point
If they don't take Myles Garrett. Then I would take tribisky or fournette. Whichever one would help this franchise for a long time.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Wait and hear all trade offers until 0:01 on the clock. I'd only give him up of we net 2 first round picks (one in the top 10) and like a 3rd this year or a 2nd next year.

But I don't think the Browns are gonna Browns this year. I actually think they're starting to get their act together
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by English:
Trade down if you can get the value you want.

which would be...? Whats your price?

5 and 18 from Tenessee would work for me (as an example)

And for the record, I've been laughed at by many for saying we should trade down if Garrett is there so this post will be interesting to watch.

Personally I would just want to take Garrett, but if we were to m move down I would want the deal to be with Tennessee for picks 5, 18 and maybe another pick or two.

This would be the scenario for me that would make me trade back. If TN thought man our O was really coming on, if we just had an elite pass rusher on D, we could make some noise next year, then maybe they would consider a trade up. Get the 5, 18 and next year 1st and I am in. While I love Garrett, this would be to much to pass on IMO. Any other team would have to really morgage to much of their future to get me what I would want not to just draft Garrett.

Although now that I say that what I am asking out of TN seems like to much..... A man can dream though.

Trade down only for a King's ransom
The only team that has a king's ransom to offer is the Browns. They have four picks in the first two rounds this year (2 - # 1's and - # 2's) and four picks in the first two rounds next year (1 - # 1 and 3 - # 2's). My guess is they will only part with that kind of draft capital if they are going for an "established" player like Garappolo.
Originally posted by JBrack:
Originally posted by 9erred:

Im in the opposite camp....

53 players make up a successful team, not just one stud here and there.

One stud pass rusher can make a whole defense better. If the Niners don't trade down, they have to take a potential franchise player and Garrett looks like that guy.
Share 49ersWebzone