LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 417 users in the forums

TJ Watt

Watt just announced he's going pro. He had a great year and I think this is the right move for him. I see him as a second round pick right now, but he could move up a bit with a good offseason.

Great year for pass rushers. I would love to have Watt in the 2nd round if we're not using the pick on Jimmy G.

Don't want to make assumptions but he also seems like the type of vocal leader we can use more of on the team.
Originally posted by genus49:
Great year for pass rushers. I would love to have Watt in the 2nd round if we're not using the pick on Jimmy G.

Don't want to make assumptions but he also seems like the type of vocal leader we can use more of on the team.

if he is anything like his brother, im sure he would be a great leader. Havent watched a lot of tape on him because i didnt think he would declare.
Originally posted by genus49:

yeah and he really is reliable against the run, too. with a good combine he could very well end up in the 1st round.
One of my personal favorite players in the draft, and not just because his brother!
I've watched lots of film on him and i think he could be very special.
I like him but if we're spending a 2nd on pass rush I'd rather go after McKinley or Ryan Anderson
Great player. I'm wondering if he can play ILB...
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Isn't he like 6'5''?
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

Him against the run.
Gets sealed in and loses outside contain a few times here. We already get killed in the middle, you want us to get ran over outside too?

Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Isn't he like 6'5''?

Yes, but that doesn't mean he couldn't play ILB. Rolando McClain is 6'4. So is Dont'a Hightower. His fundamentals are amazing, and those long arms could help in coverage. He also has great instincts.
I tell you what he's not an MLB he's a olb and/ or a defensive end. But, he could probably play MLB because of his instincts. Remember on Madden dudes would be low on strength or speed but would have 99/100 awareness? That's TJ Watt, very much like his brother in that regard. However they are different players but TJWatt will be over drafted because of his brother. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes Top 15. So is he worth a trade down to the mid teens? A player the 49ers should target in that scenario?
[ Edited by D-Money on Jan 5, 2017 at 11:09 PM ]
Originally posted by D-Money:
I tell you what he's not an MLB he's a olb and/ or a defensive end. But, he could probably play MLB because of his instincts. Remember on Madden dudes would be low on strength or speed but would have 99/100 awareness? That's TJ Watt, very much like his brother in that regard. However they are different players but TJWatt will be over drafted because of his brother. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes Top 15. So is he worth a trade down to the mid teens? A player the 49ers should target in that scenario?

Let's wait until the combine to see if he's low on speed. He looks pretty fast to me, and if he's anything like JJ Watt, he'll be an amazing athlete.
Share 49ersWebzone