There are 601 users in the forums

Some Players Our GM Should Strongly Consider

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Agree with this. We need a Pass Rusher so bad and if we are in position to get not only the best one in the draft but the best player in the draft at a position of need, it should be a no brainer. I'd be fine with Falk at the end of the 1st round. I would prefer to stay put in round 2 and take Kelly but a trade up for Falk and getting that 5th year option should certainly be in play.

So what do you do if you don't have the #1 pick? Love Myles but I don't see us getting the first pick in the draft and that's what it's gonna take to get him.

People need to be prepared (or at least look) at players beyond him,

Why not? You see any more W's coming our way anytime soon? The Browns are playing somewhat competitive football, and could easily go QB with their top pick. I don't see the Niners drafting any worse than top 3 the way this season is going.
Agree with this. We need a Pass Rusher so bad and if we are in position to get not only the best one in the draft but the best player in the draft at a position of need, it should be a no brainer. I'd be fine with Falk at the end of the 1st round. I would prefer to stay put in round 2 and take Kelly but a trade up for Falk and getting that 5th year option should certainly be in play.

So what do you do if you don't have the #1 pick? Love Myles but I don't see us getting the first pick in the draft and that's what it's gonna take to get him.

People need to be prepared (or at least look) at players beyond him,

I don't think anyone is not looking at anyone beyond Myles but having the #2 pick in the draft doesn't mean we can't move to #1 if that is who we really want. There is no guarantee that the Browns take Garrett at #1; they have two 1st rounders with the 2nd one looking to be a later pick and they need a QB just as bad as anyone. They have used what, 25 different QBs in the last decade or so? They are the last team that needs to wait around and hope their guy is there and Hue Jackson probably wants to ensure they get "his" guy as well.

But say CLE does take Garrett at 1, that is fine as well as our other need is QB and now we will have the option of every single of them, whoever we want so I don't see the issue at all. Being Top 3 in this draft with our two biggest needs being pass rusher and QB will be huge as we are guaranteed either the best Pass Rusher or the best QB at #2.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Why not? You see any more W's coming our way anytime soon? The Browns are playing somewhat competitive football, and could easily go QB with their top pick. I don't see the Niners drafting any worse than top 3 the way this season is going.

Agree with this. They have 4 close losses and have guys like McCown and Kessler throwing for 300+ yards and an ex-QB turned WR getting 100 yards. They are winless but they are better than us, there is no doubt in my mind. If we played them on Sunday, they would be beat us. I can see them getting a win or two just because of how close they have played in a few of their games. OT vs MIA and barely lost to Titans, Jets and Ravens.
I dont think the Browns will draft Garrett. My bet is they go Kizer and they just picked up Jamie Collins.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Oct 31, 2016 at 9:36 AM ]
I don't think anyone is not looking at anyone beyond Myles but having the #2 pick in the draft doesn't mean we can't move to #1 if that is who we really want. There is no guarantee that the Browns take Garrett at #1; they have two 1st rounders with the 2nd one looking to be a later pick and they need a QB just as bad as anyone. They have used what, 25 different QBs in the last decade or so? They are the last team that needs to wait around and hope their guy is there and Hue Jackson probably wants to ensure they get "his" guy as well.

But say CLE does take Garrett at 1, that is fine as well as our other need is QB and now we will have the option of every single of them, whoever we want so I don't see the issue at all. Being Top 3 in this draft with our two biggest needs being pass rusher and QB will be huge as we are guaranteed either the best Pass Rusher or the best QB at #2.

FYI Browns just traded for Jamie Collins for a f**king 3rd compensatory pick!!

Maybe they do go qb
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 31, 2016 at 9:36 AM ]

Maybe they do go qb

Trade literally happened as I was going threw reasons why i don't think they go Garrett. Then Belichick was like stop wasting your time.

Maybe they do go qb

Wow. He is a free agent at the end of the year though I think so he would still need to re-sign with them but wow. Definitely did not see them letting go of Collins. He has been a beast. Maybe they were no where close on the money for an extension?
Wow. He is a free agent at the end of the year though I think so he would still need to re-sign with them but wow. Definitely did not see them letting go of Collins. He has been a beast. Maybe they were no where close on the money for an extension?

I'm guessing they will at the very least FA tag him...this is huge if we want Myles
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 31, 2016 at 9:49 AM ]

I'm guessing they will at the very least FA tag him...this is huge if we want Myles

Yeah that would be wise since they gave up a top 100 pick for him. I'm still in shock the Pats let him halfway through their SB run

Yeah that would be wise since they gave up a top 100 pick for him. I'm still in shock the Pats let him halfway through their SB run

They can still trade the pick for a kings ransom if they want...no guarantees not yet.....

Damn

if we are picking in the top 5 we should be able to trade up for Myles Garrett.
Originally posted by 5timechamps:
if we are picking in the top 5 we should be able to trade up for Myles Garrett.

If
I'd be VERY happy if we took Garrett.
Share 49ersWebzone