LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 351 users in the forums

Mayocks top prospects ver. 4

Did anyone read Mike's top prospects on nfl.com? After reviewing the list I am really disappointed. This seems like a very thin draft. I wouldn't waste a pick in rd 1-3 on a mlb, or wr. There really only seems to be 1 rb to target Elliot, 1 cb Hargreaves, 1 dl to target Buckner, maybe 3 qbs goff, wentz, lynch. The niners should do everything in their power to target 3-4 of these top guys. I really like Elliot, Hargreaves, Buckner, Bosa, Lynch, Tunsil. If we can get 3 or more out of this group that would be amazing. Trade all those 12 picks away and make the moves to make this happen.
Originally posted by txninerdad80:
Did anyone read Mike's top prospects on nfl.com? After reviewing the list I am really disappointed. This seems like a very thin draft. I wouldn't waste a pick in rd 1-3 on a mlb, or wr. There really only seems to be 1 rb to target Elliot, 1 cb Hargreaves, 1 dl to target Buckner, maybe 3 qbs goff, wentz, lynch. The niners should do everything in their power to target 3-4 of these top guys. I really like Elliot, Hargreaves, Buckner, Bosa, Lynch, Tunsil. If we can get 3 or more out of this group that would be amazing. Trade all those 12 picks away and make the moves to make this happen.

I respect Mayock I think he is one of the best analysts out there. But his big board is not perfect no ones is. I'm interested about his thinking having Wentz ranked over Ramsey, Buckner and Tunsil. I agree there are some major weaknesses in this draft (WR, QB, TE, OLB) but there are players that always go overlooked by analysts that hopefully we can land.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I respect Mayock I think he is one of the best analysts out there. But his big board is not perfect no ones is. I'm interested about his thinking having Wentz ranked over Ramsey, Buckner and Tunsil. I agree there are some major weaknesses in this draft (WR, QB, TE, OLB) but there are players that always go overlooked by analysts that hopefully we can land.
I'd take MadDogs Big Board over Mayock's
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I'd take MadDogs Big Board over Mayock's

I'm with you on this. We have to remember Mayock is in the entertainment business so he always tries to throw out some "shockers" to differentiate himself from the pack.
Only 1 DL to target?? this draft is the deeper at DL than any other position it's the deepest it's been in a decade.

WR is another position that I feel this draft is deep at, it just doesn't have an AJ Green/Watkins prospect.
Share 49ersWebzone