LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 275 users in the forums

Jreff22 mock V3.0

This will be my 3rd and final mock of the year. Lots of possibilities at 7..and the scary thought that our favorites could all be taken. For this mock I'm running under the assumption that Jack, Ramsey, and Buckner are gone. While I love Stanley, I have a hard time going OT at 7. If we do it I wont b***h, but I still think AD could come back to the team this year. I have one trade back and one trad up in this mock. I expect Trent to move around this year but to go after impact players in the first 3 rounds. Lastly, I do expect Kap to get traded for Denver's 3rd.
-some of these kids have been in my previous mocks , links to the old ones are at the bottom of the page

1st Round - 11th Overall (Trade Pick #7 to Chicago for Pick #11 & #72)
Shaq Lawson Clemson DE/OLB

Immediate starter that makes Brooks expendable. Can rush the passer but will be a stronger force in run support. Mature player that's played against top level talent week in and out. I have a little fear about his weight but with Kelly's "science" system he should be fine.

2nd Round - 37th Overall
Jonathan Bullard Florida DE

This is a bit of a reach but players drop every year. Although we miss out on Buckner at the top of the first, we get the best at the top of the second. Ideal fit for the 3-4 and does posses the ability to start quickly. He's not Cowboy 2.0, but he plugs a leaky DL adding a fresh body into the rotation.

2nd Round - 45th Overall (Trade Picks 72, 94 via the Broncos Kap Trade, and 105 to Tennessee for pick 45)
Josh Garnett Stanford G

Its obvious that the FO and Chip want this kid. If he's still available its a no-brainer. Should start day 1 and be an immediate upgrade over everybody at OG.

3rd Round - 68th Overall
Nick Martin Notre Dame C

High character and intelligent kid. Played in ND's zone system so he's already familiar with what Chip will want/require. Not the athlete his brother is but he's no slouch. Either starts and pushes Kilgore to OG or sits behind Kilgore and pushes Martin away from Center. Win Win!

4th Round - 133rd Overall, Compensatory
Minnesota CB

Nothing sexy about Murray but he can do everything and play in different coverage's. Not afraid to hit and adds another tool in the backfield. Brock isn't lighting the world on fire and the competition at CB will get better next year.

5th Round - 142nd Overall, via the Chargers
DJ Reader Clemson NT

(earlier description)
Needed personal time away from football so there are some red flags. Depending on how he plays against Bama, his stock could raise quickly. With Williams holding down the position for a while, Reader wont be rushed to play. Would be a good pupil for Tomsula but that ship has sailed. If his heart and head are in it, he could develop into toilet clogger we've always wanted.

5th Round - 145th Overall
Kenyan Drake Alabama RB

Change of pace toy for Chip. Until we have a set backfield we will keep drafting RB's unfortunately. This kid could end up being what we hoped LMJ would've been. Fast and shifty with a lot of tread on the tires.

5th Round - 174th Overall, Compensatory
Tyler Matakevich Temple ILB

Hard nosed thumper, the kid played very well this year. Needs to learn patience but his arrow is pointing up. Insurance for Hodges and Bowman but more importantly makes Wilhoite very expendable. Combine numbers were meh but he goes 100% every down.

6th Round - 178th Overall, via the Cowboys
Anthony Zettel Penn St DE

Tenacious player that needs time to develop his skill set. Wont start but should be a strong rotational player, will compete with TJE for a spot. He looks like Cowboy so...who knows lol

6th Round - 207th Overall, via the Broncos
Keenan Reynolds Navy RB/WR/QB

A true do it all player from Navy. For those that never got a chance to watch him, he was a lot of fun. Not sure what his position will be or could be but at this point we have no big risk.

6th Round - 211th Overall, Compensatory
Ben Braunecker Harvard TE

Strictly a blocking TE with some upside. Preformed well at the combine so he does have some athletic talent. Its a very weak class for TE's so burning a late pick isnt going to really hurt us.

6th Round - 213th Overall, Compensatory
Dominique Robertson West Georgia OT

Small school fatty that needs a lot of polish...and a weight loss plan. Dominant player against inferior competition. Could be a late round gem.

Previous mocks
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/183413-jreff22-mock-v10/search=jreff22
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/184497-jreff22-mock-v20/search=jreff22

Updated Depth Chart-53

QB: Blaine Gabbert, Thad Lewis
RB1: Carlos Hyde, Mike Davis, DuJuan Harris, Kenyan Drake
TE: Garrett Celek, Vance McDonald, Blake Bell
FB: Bruce Miller
WR: Torrey Smith, DeAndrew White, Eric Rogers
WR: Quinton Patton, Bruce Ellington, DeAndre Smelter
LOT: Joe Staley
LG: Zane Beadles, Brandon Thomas
C: Daniel Kilgore, Nick Martin
RG: Josh Garnett, Andrew Tiller
ROT: Anthony Davis, Trenton Brown

ELEPHANT: Tank Carradine
RDE: Jonathan Bullard, Quinton Dial
NT: Ian Williams, DJ Reader
LDE: Arik Armstead, Tony Jerod Eddie
WILL: Shaq Lawson, Corey Lemonier
TED: Gerald Hodges, Michael Wilhoite
MIKE: Navarro Bowman, Tyler Matakevich
SAM: Aaron Lynch, Eli Harold
RCB: Kenneth Acker, Keith Reaser, Eric Murray
LCB: Dontae Johnson, Tramaine Brock, Marcus Cromartie
FS: Eric Reid, L.J. McCray
SS: Jimmie Ward, Jaquiski Tartt

LS: Kyle Nelson
PK: Phil Dawson
P: Bradley Pinion

PS:
DE Anthony Zettel
QB/WR/RB Keenan Reynolds
RB Jarryd Hayne
TE Busta Anderson, Ben Braunecker
OT Dominique Robertson, Colin Kelly
OG/C Ian Silberman
WR DiAndre Campbell, Dres Anderson
[ Edited by jreff22 on Apr 23, 2016 at 9:18 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Good job overall, while it's going to take 2 drafts to restock the roster, I hate ignoring OT. **** Anthony Davis.
not a bad mock. i just personally don't like drafting defensive players from Clemson. so many of them have become busts it's not even funny. who's the last great player they put out? Dawkins?

i would keep our 7th if Buckner, Ramsey, or Stanely drop to us. all of those guys seem like sure picks.

like the Keenan pick
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Apr 23, 2016 at 4:27 PM ]
I like it..i think Matakevich is going to be gone tho..late 3rd is my guess..but nice mock..to get 4 hopeful starters in the first 4 picks would be great..
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
not a bad mock. i just personally don't like drafting defensive players from Clemson. so many of them have become busts it's not even funny. who's the last great player they put out? Dawkins?

i would keep our 7th if Buckner, Ramsey, or Stanely drop to us. all of those guys seem like sure picks.

like the Keenan pick

Stanley becomes the trade bait. Good chance Cle wants him, so whoever really wants him has to go through us.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I like it..i think Matakevich is going to be gone tho..late 3rd is my guess..but nice mock..to get 4 hopeful starters in the first 4 picks would be great..

His senior bowl week was strong but his combine was a reminder that he's only a 2 down LB. Hes been a draft crush of mine for a while.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Good job overall, while it's going to take 2 drafts to restock the roster, I hate ignoring OT. **** Anthony Davis.

Will still have preseason cuts to find more players. But you're right, this will be a 2 year rebuild.
I like it, bold, and fills holes in the lines first and foremost so we can add weapons next season. I feel this is what we absolutely need! BUT will Baalke do this at the expense of his job if we cant turn it around early next season?!?

I feel that we WILL be drafting Lawson at #7 if Buckner and Jack are gone!
For God's sake, get someone that might score a TD or two. We averaged 14 pts/g last season.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
For God's sake, get someone that might score a TD or two. We averaged 14 pts/g last season.

Fixing the OL will be a big part of helping that. Additionally we have a lot of WR's with no idea of what they can do. Plus a HC/OC that has a playbook.

Nice work!

This should be labeled the "Damn Good Football Player" mock
I like it alot
This draft would make me very happy! Especially if somehow we stumbled upon Bullard in the second!!!
I like the Garnett pick but then drafting a center seems like overkill. I agree Marcus Martin was a wasted pick but you have us drafting 3 OL. I'd replace Nick Martin in the 3rd with an ILB. Love the Drake and Reader picks. Solid job, I'm nitpicking
Also I think Bullard will be there in the 2nd too. That's a great follow to Lawson at 11
Share 49ersWebzone