LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 302 users in the forums

Draft Jack and Smith!

Originally posted by valrod33:
Neither of them will play a single regular season down in their career

Neither one of them? Is this sarcasm?

Jack's injury isn't all that serious. He'll play this season.

Smith's is career threatening.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Apr 23, 2016 at 12:56 AM ]
I would risk a 6th on Smith, on the off chance.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Neither of them will play a single regular season down in their career

You wanna bet
I think Jaylon Smith is gone by the 4th.
Lattimore broke his leg 2 times in 2 yrs the 2nd time he tore every ligament
No to both. If this was 2012, maybe.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Jack will be off the board to the Jags by the time we pick.

Good

Then we have a chance at Buckner
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Jack will be off the board to the Jags by the time we pick.

Good

Then we have a chance at Buckner

NOT if the Chargers pick Tunsil & Cowboys pick Elliot at 4
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

it's no where near like Lattimore's. and he's healthy right now to play. the question is if his knee will hold up in the future.

They were talking about Smith, you're talking about Jack.

Originally posted by English:
I would risk a 6th on Smith, on the off chance.

ya 6th would be okay.
Great, an all ACL team. NO.........

Originally posted by pdizo916:

we have 12 picks, and not all of them can make the roster. as long as we draft them in the 6th and 7th rounds, than it's no problem.
I would spend our 3rd round pick on Smith unless the doctors think he's never going to fully recover from his injury. You can throw the 2016 season out the window anyways - it doesn't matter if rookies make an instant impact, because this team isn't going to be competitive this year. If you're looking at 2017-2019, there are not many players I would prefer to a healthy Jaylon Smith.

It's a risk, but it's worth it for a team that's in the middle of a long rebuild. Now is the best time to draft long term upside prospects. I'll be a fan of the pick even if Smith doesn't see the field until 2018.
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Apr 23, 2016 at 10:31 AM ]
Both players have some risk to them...Jack not nearly as much as Jaylon Smith. I'd be careful drafting Jack at this point if you're Baalke...any pick in the top 10 should rightly be expected to have an impact immediately, with no injury issues. For me, Buckner's more of a sure thing, and is a definite need, given the uncertainty with Ian Williams. I'd imagine O'Neil will shift Dial to NT...leaving a gaping hole at one of the DE/DT positions. Players like Buckner are rare...huge size, great athleticism and an extremely bright future. He'd be the final piece to upgrading our front 3. Once you've done that, then you add pieces behind the DL. It's a winning recipe. If I'm Baalke much as he might like to have J. Smith down the road, I don't think he can afford to draft a player recovering from such a severe injury. There are just too many other needs.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

we have 12 picks, and not all of them can make the roster. as long as we draft them in the 6th and 7th rounds, than it's no problem.

Agree

Pick one of them w/ a comp pick.

All the others parlay and get very BPA.
Share 49ersWebzone