LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 531 users in the forums

BIG TRADE mock..

Originally posted by MrMrMEanerMister:
D Line doesn't control the game otherwise the Texans would be serious Super Bowl contenders every season.

- Goff comes from a good college program.
- Faced top competition.
- Had very little O Line help
- Had nearly 50 TD's in one season with only 13 INT's
- Throwing Percentage has ONLY increased every year (60.3% in '13 ---- 62.1% in '14 ---- 64.5% in '15)
- Passing Yards has ONLY increased every year (3508 yards in '13 ---- 3973 yards in '14 ---- 4719 yards in '15)
- Average yards per play has ONLY increased ever year (6.6yds in '13 ---- 7.8yds in '14 ---- 8.9yds in '15)
- TD's have ONLY increased every year (18td's in '13 ---- 35td's in '14 ---- 43td's in '15)
- Passer Rating has ONLY increased every year (123.2 in '13 ---- 147.6 in '14 ---- 161.3 in '15)
- INT's STAY hovering at an average of 10 per year (10 int's in '13 ---- 7 int's in '14 ---- 13 int's in '15)
- Ideal height at 6'4
- Is a #2 Punter in emergency scenario (avg's over 40yds per punt ---- Can punt up to 50 yds)
- Is another local kid like Rodgers in '05 (From Novato, CA and I'd rather select him than pass on another top prospect CAL kid)

Prospects like him turn franchises around. We draft him and grab a couple free agents like Jahri Evans and Stefen Wisniewski to help keep him safe. Grab a dependable WR like Anquan Boldin and Marques Colston for redzone help. Of course we only need to target these kind of free agents if we don't pick up enough help for him in the draft.

ok all his stats you googled are very impressive in all ways..he continued to get better in college against kids..hes a top prospect in lots of ways..i personally like his movement in the pocket and awareness but with all the stats and everything we all like about him there is a BIG possibility all the greatness in college he had does not show in the pros bc it is the pros and he is playing vs Grown men not kids..coaches who will confuse him and have his mind going crazy..blitz him from formations he has never seen or dealt with before..all his great accolades in college don't mean much on an NFL field..now in no way am I saying hes bad or I don't want the 49ers to not draft him..i want what is best for the team to win..but I'm a realist and understand drafting Goff is a risk..hes not a sure thing in anyway possible..but no QB ever is not named Manning or Elway..its like flipping a coin drafting QBs especially from a weak class which I think it is..a lot of ok to good QBs coming out..non great ( hopefully yet )..I can definitely see Wentz being a bust..especially if taken by the Browns..and Goff I like better then Wentz but hes not as great as your trying to make him out to be..id be hopeful,excited, but more nervous if he is our pick..and I hope I'm wrong and he does become great wearing a 49er helmet..ill buy you his jersey lol......
you can say that about every prospect. Of course he is going to play against men and not kids. Of course he could be bad, but did you think of this...he could be good and a man too?

2 good QB prospects in the 1st this year. History shows rarely do QB's outside the 1st turn into more than game managers if that. He is my favorite prospect over Wentz so taking him makes plenty of sense. You have to get a franchise QB. Bottom line. So it's better to try than to worry about what if's and he may not be good when he could be good as well.

All the coaching and game plans can be said about every Qb but you need to let go of that fear. I can't make it any easier to understand.. Every team needs a franchise QB and this should be obvious to you by now. It is not smart at all to avoid grabbing a top prospect QB because you're afraid. Otherwise no team would ever get a top prospect turned franchise QB.

I'm more of a realist than most and stay fair with myself in every way so trust me when I tell you I would not pump this kid up if I didn't see the talent. We can draft all the Oline and defense in the world and it will be about a 80% bet we never win it all without the franchise QB. Because 15 of the last 19 SB winners had one.

You'll just be spinning your tires until you get a lucky run with a bad QB. It may be a weak class but it has one really bright spot in my opinion and that is Goff. Goff is as good as I'm claiming he is. I think he is as sure as there is this year and very sure thing overall. No guarantee obviously because that is football and the draft but being worried to the point you're frozen stiff and never even trying to grab a QB when you're in a position to grab a top prospect and needing one is flat out crazy and foolish.
[ Edited by MrMrMEanerMister on Mar 30, 2016 at 6:43 PM ]

Very Nice Jersey lol id personally rather the Red 1..and all realize Baalke isn't much of a risk taker unless for some reason its drafting hurt players..he failed at drafting a WR and has yet to draft another before the 4th round..obviously he gets draft crushes on a specific guy and takes him..he hit on Kap and he was a great QB until Jed took away his confidence and protector and best coach he ever had aka Jim Harbaugh..but what I'm trying to say is if it comes down to Goff vs say Buckner or Jack I wonder what Baalke would do considering the risk..but at least you admit its your opinion Goff is going to be great and not a fact bc if that was the case you would be able to tell the future and id be asking you what the power ball winning numbers are going to be..you are very confident in your evaluation of players and say if your eyes see a star hes normally a star..maybe you should try to get a job with the NFL..
Thanks. I like those black uniforms a lot. I'd go with red too but this one first. Also the black jersey is rare like Goff so I'd try and take that route. lol

I do feel he is a risk taker. He has made moves for players for quite some time now in free agency that nobody else wanted. People forget but look at all the CB's and defensive players he has taken risks on early in the draft and in free agency. I don't feel Goff is as much of a risk as some feel he is either. WR is not something this team is good at drafting but then again most teams aren't. Because of this we have taken to free agency for WR's and have done okay there. This is why I feel people are so up and down with Baalke, because he does take risks and sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I do feel he wins more than he loses in these player gambles though.

Yeah Jed is far from perfect but Baalke knows how to work around that and takes who he wants still. The coach is not something Baalke has full control over by himself so it is what it is there.

I myself have wondered if a really good defensive prospect is there too but I fully believe with the Kaep situations, the timing of all of this and Goff from Cal coming out at just the right time will all line up in Baalke's mind and make him see we aren't going anywhere ever without a franchise QB. He will realize everything I pointed out above and see that it doesn't matter how many great players you have on defense, if you don't get that missing piece of the puzzle you will never see the big picture. You HAVE to have the CORNER stone piece to the puzzle.

I just see a QB who demands the respect of his teammates in a lead by example type of way. A guy that even though his Cal teammates may be less than top notch, play to the top of their abilities and hustle for this young man every time they take the field because they fully believe in him, his work ethic, his desire to never let them down and always give them everything to make them look good.

On top of that I see a truly great QB in college who has taken on some of the countries toughest competition and has only gotten better year after year no matter who they place in front of him. I see a QB that is extremely accurate, with a great set of eyes, a great touch on the ball which we haven't had, a guy that makes all the throws, a guy that teammates trust to always put them in a good position to shine, a guy that reads the defense and goes through his progression reads, and everything else I've stated above. I could go on and on but the point in my mind and likely Baalke's at this current point in time is that no matter what you need a franchise QB if you want to beat the 20% odds of winning it all without having to depend on a lucky run with a sub par QB like the Broncos. This is why it makes too much sense sitting where we are in the draft to not finally take that chance.

I am confident in my picks, especially the first two to three rounds. I know people likely wonder about my later round picks but I only have access to so much game film and later prospects are much more difficult to find film on. I do like to offer my opinion unless I am allowed access to properly form it on my own and for that I'd need sufficient game film and information.

I would love nothing more than to work for an NFL team and scout or be an understudy adviser. Especially for my 49ers, but I am unaware of what route to take when seeking this type of employment. I was born and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico and have watched football all of my life. I'm constantly ahead of the curve when it comes to most things, but unfortunately this city is not the best place to pursue that type of career. If I had access to someone that could get me an interview or just a sit down casual type of discussion with someone that would recognize I have what it takes to help a franchise, then I would certainly do so immediately. I am 100% sure I could help any organization avoid bad trades, select quality prospects, evaluate talent, and come to quality conclusions on all matters related to the team and game.

I would love nothing more than to work for an NFL team and scout or be an understudy adviser. Especially for my 49ers, but I am unaware of what route to take when seeking this type of employment. I was born and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico and have watched football all of my life. I'm constantly ahead of the curve when it comes to most things, but unfortunately this city is not the best place to pursue that type of career. If I had access to someone that could get me an interview or just a sit down casual type of discussion with someone that would recognize I have what it takes to help a franchise, then I would certainly do so immediately. I am 100% sure I could help any organization avoid bad trades, select quality prospects, evaluate talent, and come to quality conclusions on all matters related to the team and game.

Coach. Almost all scouts/GMs were coaches at some point, especially in college. Volunteer with a high school, produce well-coached players. Colleges recruit your most talented players, and they are impressed with their advanced skill set, so they ask where the kid learned that. If your name comes up enough, colleges come calling. If you do well at the small colleges, or in the long-hours, low-visibility roles you're likely to be assigned at a larger college, you get more responsibility, greater visibility, and a larger role in recruiting. When NFL teams talk to you about your players, they get a sense of your aptitude in identifying key characteristics that allow players to succeed at a greater rate in the NFL. If something opens up, you become a candidate to interview.

It's a long road, and it pays crap for a long time. Eventually, if you are that sure of yourself, you have to bet on yourself. That's what they respect. That's why the scouting community respects Baalke and calls him a grinder. He worked his way out of the frozen north making beer money for a salary. Then he worked as a regional scout making a mildly livable salary. Lots of people have talent at spotting players; the guys who get the jobs log hours of work for peanuts because they love the game. The coaching background gives you years of experience to draw from in evaluating which traits can and cannot be corrected through instruction.

NM has high schools. Those high schools have football. Ball's in your court, dude.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Coach. Almost all scouts/GMs were coaches at some point, especially in college. Volunteer with a high school, produce well-coached players. Colleges recruit your most talented players, and they are impressed with their advanced skill set, so they ask where the kid learned that. If your name comes up enough, colleges come calling. If you do well at the small colleges, or in the long-hours, low-visibility roles you're likely to be assigned at a larger college, you get more responsibility, greater visibility, and a larger role in recruiting. When NFL teams talk to you about your players, they get a sense of your aptitude in identifying key characteristics that allow players to succeed at a greater rate in the NFL. If something opens up, you become a candidate to interview.

It's a long road, and it pays crap for a long time. Eventually, if you are that sure of yourself, you have to bet on yourself. That's what they respect. That's why the scouting community respects Baalke and calls him a grinder. He worked his way out of the frozen north making beer money for a salary. Then he worked as a regional scout making a mildly livable salary. Lots of people have talent at spotting players; the guys who get the jobs log hours of work for peanuts because they love the game. The coaching background gives you years of experience to draw from in evaluating which traits can and cannot be corrected through instruction.

NM has high schools. Those high schools have football. Ball's in your court, dude.

looks like I killed the thread. My bad. I still like the "Kap for Wilk" premise, but we'd need pick 7 to replace Kap. Wilk for Kap and a 2? Throw in a 2017 conditional that gets smaller if Kap performs well? I'd do it in a second.

looks like I killed the thread. My bad. I still like the "Kap for Wilk" premise, but we'd need pick 7 to replace Kap. Wilk for Kap and a 2? Throw in a 2017 conditional that gets smaller if Kap performs well? I'd do it in a second.

No man you didn't kill the thread..it was basically only me and the other guy discussing the scenerio..well him telling me how great Goff is in his eyes and how when he sees a prospect to be great in the future he's correct lol but yeah it would be amazing to get Goff at 7 and the work out a trade for Wilkerson using other picks..everyone in the other Wilkerson trade thread is correct saying the jets are in a bad place right now and they have to create cap space by trading an unhappy ready to go Wilkerson..the 49ers have the ammo to get it done..I sure hope Baalke pulls the trigger..!
Share 49ersWebzone