LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 471 users in the forums

Ivanm05 Post Combine Mock

Reinstatement: Anthony Davis reinstates. Sures up the RT position.

Cuts:
Ahmad Brooks - OLB
Michael Wilhoite - ILB
Jordan Devey - OG
Eric Pears - OT
Kendall Gaskins - RB
Glenn Dorsey - DT
Rayray Armstrong - LB

Free Agency:

Resign

Ian Williams -DT

Market

Alex Mack - C - Browns
Brandon Brooks - G - Texans / Option B: Jeff Allen - G - Chiefs (young and emerging)
Bruce Irvin - OLB - Seattle (sharing the load with Harold)
Jerrell Freeman - ILB - Colts (best rated linebacker in coverage / Antoine Bethea type signing)
Mohammed Sanu - WR - Bengals (Boldin replacement.. shouldn't demand big contract... had subpar season)

DRAFT:

1st Round:

DeForest Buckner - DE - Oregon

2nd Round:

William Jackson III - CB - Houston

3rd Round:

Kenny Lawler - WR - CAL

4th Round:

Dak Prescott - QB - Mississipi State

Joe Haeg - OT - North Dakota

5th Round

Joe Schobert - LB - Wisconsin

Hassan Ridgeway - DT - Texas

6th Round

Cayleb Jones - WR - Arizona

Yannick Ngakue - OLB - Maryland

Aaron Greene - RB - TCU

Anthony Zettel - DE - Penn State

Ad bonus...

Priority Free Agent:

Josh Forrest - ILB - Kentucky

Ngakue and Zettel are favorites of mine. But they both won't fall this far.

Haeg won't fall to the 4th.
Fantastic work!

I like using Free Agency to address the o-line, then go defense early in the draft. Only thing I'd wish to see is a change of pace RB like a Kenneth Dixon to compliment Hyde, and a WR who could develop into a #1 option. Maybe Smelter, or Lawler who you picked in the 3rd, can be that guy.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Feb 29, 2016 at 9:06 PM ]
Great work bro love those late guys you highlighted I hope the ninners brass see this post and take notes!
Add Matakevich in there somewhere
I think the top thought will be that we do focus on more Offensive in FA with a bit of D and Draft heavily in D with a bit of O mixed in.
Originally posted by jreff22:

This love this mock but these picks are a little far fetched in my opinion

I'm not really big on Freeman. Why bring in Bruce Irvin then say he shares the load with Harold. Irvin would be taking the majority of snaps. Plus i think he's going to the Jags.
solid draft and FA...Haeg isn't making it to the 4th and I'm not a fan of Lawler at all.

Schobert going to be moved inside?

I could live with this
Really like the Freeman pick up..i think Nyniner had the niners signing him too..not crazy about Irvin tho Baalke supposedly loved him coming out of WVU..your draft is very good..i would love to watch Armstead, Williams, and Buckner grow and dominate..William Jackson had a great day yesterday so he might sneak into the 1st..Prescott would be a great pick in the 4th is hes there..i think hes going to be the 4th QB taken...but good job..
Not sure I like the idea of cutting Wilhoite at least keep him around as a solid back up

Great offseason! Any Free Agency that solidifies the Oline is already off to a great start! Buckner falling in our laps at 7 is my dream scenario; definitely not a guarantee as we need about three teams to pass on him but I'm hoping for the best.

I think adding Sanu really helps as he would be a solid WR across from Smith and will allow us to bring Smelter along slowly. I also think Patton and Ellington will have solid seasons so I don't see WR being as much of a need as long as we can get a quality one in Free Agency.

Prescott is favorite QB because I think he is a good fit and it allows us to address the defense with the first two or three picks as opposed to grabbing a QB early and them still sitting for about two years while we don't have the top defensive prospects

Haeg is the OT I would go after as well. Small school guy but can be had in the mid-rounds and can develop behind Davis and Brown or move to guard.

Ngakoue is my favorite mid-round pass rusher. In fact, I put him right behind Spence and Ogbah and the fact that he can be had between rounds 3-5 makes him that much more attractive. I think he will be gone by the time you are drafting him so I would take him instead of Schobert. If not him, then I really love Alex McCalister's ability to get to the QB. I think he will be special and can be had around the same time (even though CBS still has him as a 7th-UDFA).

All in all, great mock offseason and we would add a ton of talent this offseason that will allow us to show drastic improvement in 2016 and be prepared to make a run in 2017.
Love the FA & draft outside of Jackson in the 2nd(though I think it's a bit unrealistic with some of your picks)
Not bad at all, but wouldn't Sanu and Lawler duplicate each other?
Originally posted by jreff22:

Yeah, love Yannick and Zettel too. And you're probably right, I just used the CBS rankings as close as I could, although I know they will fluctuate a lot before the draft. And also, what's also impossible to determine is how the 32 teams each appreciate these players. Yannick could be a third rounder for the Giants and be a fifth for the cowboys. It's all about need... about the eye of the beholder.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Fantastic work!

I like using Free Agency to address the o-line, then go defense early in the draft. Only thing I'd wish to see is a change of pace RB like a Kenneth Dixon to compliment Hyde, and a WR who could develop into a #1 option. Maybe Smelter, or Lawler who you picked in the 3rd, can be that guy.

Thanks King,

Yeah I really want to go defense early. I think with a returning Davis, a healthy Kilgore, and a Chip Kelly to work with Brandon Thomas, Tiller, Martin, and Trent Brown, that the offensive line situation is already twice as better as it was last season. Just fill in the gaps in the offseason and pick up a tackle or too for depth in the draft.

Yeah I've been looking at all the wide receivers recently and I like lawler in the third just for the value. I think he has great hands and reminds me a lot of Devin Smith from last year. Fights for balls despite thin frame, great hands.. always a few steps on a guy.
Share 49ersWebzone