LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 528 users in the forums

2015 redraft! What could have been!

Round 1 pick 17 Marcus Peters CB only 5 1st round picks had less snaps than Armstead a first round pick should be a starter. Not only would Peters have given us. number 1 CB but it would have made the rest of our CBs better. He could have shutdown number 1 wrs and we would have been able to double the other guy.
Round 2 pick 14 Ronald Darby CB our starters would be set for 10 years. Darby had a great year.
Round 3 Herny Anderson DE ranked as high as Leonard Williams at the end of the season and higher that Armstead
Round 4 Stephon Diggs Wr
Round 4 Kwon Alexander ILB
Coulda. Shoulda. Woulda.

just another we should have picked Marcus Peters but we didnt B*TCH FEST ....get over it already!!!!!!!
You think Peters would have had 8 INTs without Houston and Hali as pass rushers, Berry in the middle of the field, and Sean Smith being the true #1 CB?? He landed in the perfect situation (which is awesome for him) and was still top 5 in giving up TDs, Rec, and Yards.

Darby was a much much better CB IMO and should have bee DROY.

Anderson tore his ACL and won't be ready week 1 so NO I wouldn't have wanted him over AA lol

Thanks Captain Hindsight

Since when is Peters a shutdown corner? He had 8 picks which is outstanding, but he got the opportunities cause he was thrown at a ton. He gave up a lot of yards and td's. Derby is better IMO.
1. Laken Tomlinson
2. Ronald Darby
3. David Johnson
4. Kwon Alexander
4. Stephon Diggs
5. Michael Bennett

Fixed
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
1. Laken Tomlinson
2. Ronald Darby
3. David Johnson
4. Kwon Alexander
4. Stephon Diggs
5. Michael Bennett

Fixed

Tomilinson? He was very bad in run blocking this past season and isn't Michael Bennett a 4-3 guy?
I don't agree with the opinion that a first round pick should start.
If they have clearly earned it in preseason, sure.
Armstead has a much higher ceiling at a more important position. Peters is good but does not have as much room for improvement.
1 Bud Dupree
2 Ron Darby
3 David Johnson
4 S Diggs
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Armstead has a much higher ceiling at a more important position. Peters is good but does not have as much room for improvement.

Don't bother trying to argue with people here in the zone. If you're not first team all pro your first year then you will be labeled a bust by many a fool here. Concepts like talent ceiling and development bounce off of thick skulls all day in the zone.

Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Round 1 pick 17 Marcus Peters CB only 5 1st round picks had less snaps than Armstead a first round pick should be a starter. Not only would Peters have given us. number 1 CB but it would have made the rest of our CBs better. He could have shutdown number 1 wrs and we would have been able to double the other guy.
Round 2 pick 14 Ronald Darby CB our starters would be set for 10 years. Darby had a great year.
Round 3 Herny Anderson DE ranked as high as Leonard Williams at the end of the season and higher that Armstead
Round 4 Stephon Diggs Wr
Round 4 Kwon Alexander ILB

Would they have been just as successful with different coaches and different support, maybe, maybe not. Easy to point out when sitting from an armchair and after the fact. Case in point-the niners going from Singletary to Harbaugh.
Plus with the "character concerns" we had all over the team the last few years we were not in any shape to draft a guy like Peters.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted Peters and DGB but as a fan I was only caring about on the field talent.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Feb 17, 2016 at 9:32 AM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:
A team as bad as ours you should be looking for starters. He might not start this year as little as we played him. 260 snaps out of a possible 1100. We are not good enough to wait and develop 1st round picks.
In the 1979 draft, the Cincinnati Bengals selected Jack Thompson Quarterback from Washington State withthe 3rd overall pick. We selected Joe Montana with the 82nd overall pick in the 3rd round....So yeah the IF the Bengals could redraft. Hindsight is 20-20.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k baalke
Share 49ersWebzone