LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 263 users in the forums

Glory's pre-combine quick and easy 2016 49er mock

Here we go. We bolster our defense by signing two young and productive linebackers in Vernon and Trevathan and we draft with the 7th overall pick behemoth man child A'Shawn Robinson from Alabama. This beast can play across the line and will hold his ground and stuff the run and generate consistent back breaking pressure on the pocket.

On the offensive side we stick with Kaep and Gabbert for now and sign seasoned college vet Kevin Hogan to man the bench. Our splashy pick is Kenny Lawler, smooth operator, who made Goff look good and to ensure we have more speed to pair with Smith, we go with Oregon's Addison who will just blow the top off of defense. He'll be our Brandin Cooks.

Far fetched fantasy -- trade Anthony Davis for a 3rd rounder and select in his stead, Jason Spriggs, OT of Indiana who is built for and played in a spread offense at Indiana. To spell Hyde, we acquire FA Ronnie Hilman from Denver, and keep Draughn as our 3rd option at RB.

Let go:
Ahmad Brooks
Antonie Bethea
Erik Pears
Bruce Ellington

Re-sign:
Alex Boone (3 yrs)
Ian Williams (3 yrs)
Garret Celek (3 yrs)

Trade Anthony Davis for a 3rd round pick

Free agency:

Olivier Vernon (4 yr)
Danny Trevathan (4 yr)
Ronnie Hilman (4 yr)

Draft:
R1-7: A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
R2-39: Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana
R3-Kenny Lawler, WR, Cal
R3-Sebastian Tretola, OG, Arkansas
R4-Bralon Addison, WR, Oregon
R5-Cyrus Jones, CB/PR, Alabama
R6-Tyler Johnstone, OT, Stanford
R7-Trae Elston, SS, Ole Miss

Depth Chart 53:
QB: Kaepernick/Gabbert/Hogan
WR1: T. Smith/Addison/Rogers
WR2: Boldin/Smelter
WR3: Lawler/Patton
TE: Celek/Bell/McDonald/Andersen
RB: Hyde/Hilman/Draughn
FB: Miller
LT: Staley/Johnstone
LG: Tretola/Martin
C: Kilgore/Farrell
RG: Boone/Thomas
RT: Spriggs/Johnstone

K: Phil Dawson
P: Bradley Pinion

LDE: Armstead/Dial
NT: Williams/Dorsey
RDE: Robinson/Carradine
LOLB: Vernon/Harold
LILB: Trevathan/Wilhoite
RILB: Bowman/Hodges
ROLB: Lynch/Lemonier
CB: Brock/Acker/Jones
CB: Johnson/Reaser
SS: Reid/Tartt/McCray
FS: Ward/Elston
I have a few issues, I'm not for signing 3 players to 3 yr deals, and 3 to 4yr deals in FA, I think it's smarter to sign players to different lengths.

Also Farrell is not longer under contract. Also I think they keep DuJuan Harris, who looked real good last year.

Also Johnstone is the Oregon OT.
Can we even trade Anthony Davis?

Like the Robinson pick though, he reminds me of a cheap mans Wilkerson
[ Edited by Quest4six on Jan 25, 2016 at 8:41 PM ]
Pretty good draft but no way we resign boone imo and not trading a Davis.

Not too sure we cut Ellington and not so sure Vernon doesn't get tagged on Miami. Would he even want to switch to a 3-4 team if a 4-3 team is giving him comparable money?

I do like Danny t as a ilb. I think we get him or the dt from Denver.

Otherwise good wr picks and draft.
worst mock offseason ive seen so far
I don't hate it actually Robinson is a main child, but do you think he can be a 3-4 DE or is he more of a DT?

I don't see the point in trading Davis or cutting Ellington though? Davis is a proven RT and Ellington when given a chance could actually be productive. IMO your wasting a couple picks on players that are already on the team.

Oh and you have Tank as a RDE but his switched to OLB.

Plus we should have 3 other comp picks and we have a extra 5th round pick as well
4yr deal for Hilman? Hell naw. I don't mind the pick of Robinson though. Dude is a monster
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
No one is giving a 3rd for A Davis so yeah way far fetched

doubt Boone comes back.

highly doubt they could sign Olivier Vernon
highly doubt they could sign Danny Trevathan
no way they'd get both

Hillman doesn't make sense they have like 8 RB's on the roster that will do just fine to backup Hyde.

No way Trent waits until the 7th to take a Safety it's his favorite.
No way Trent drafts 3 OLmen

and we're not getting a solid FA LB so he's gonna need to draft the next Borland.
lol why exactly are we cutting Ellington? A 4th round receiver going into his 3rd season. Need that cap space I guess.
Yeah I think his fa moves may be far fetched and especially the Boone Ellington and hillman scenarios but oh well.

Vernon is wishful thinking but I think we would target Danny t however since Baalke is by far the best gm IMO at drafting lbs we may want to save 6-7 mil a year and draft another ilb. Either way we need one bc no chance we are going to be that awful vs the run like 2015

Share 49ersWebzone