LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 289 users in the forums

49ers OL. LOL still last in the league

Originally posted by MFWIC:
Thanks for that, I have heard of stanley.

Q. If preseason stats are not considered a guide, is college stats a better or worse judgement?

College stats matter somewhat but it depends on the position and the system that a guy plays in. The best college player might be a lousy NFL prospect.

A guy who barely played because his team was stacked could turn out to be a pretty good player.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 6, 2016 at 8:35 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
College stats matter somewhat but it depends on the position and the system that a guy plays in. The best college player might be a lousy NFL prospect.

A guy who barely played because his team was stacked could turn out tovbe a pretty good player.

This. Tim Tebow was one of the greatest players ever in college. Tom Brady barely beat out Drew Hensen to be the starter in Michigan.
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Seems under this regime, many great talents would and could miss getting picked up into an NFL team.

Especially without any second grade national league.

When you look at most other ball based sports, thye have at least a second tier comp playing alongside the elite level.

Is there any logic why the NFL is different?

Cheers
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'd rather fill that need through FA

Me too.

A combination of both.

In FA, IMO, I'd go for:

A). Only high caliber player like Mack, Wiesnewski [sp], Glenn, Mitchell Schwartz. No more bargin basement guys like Deavy & Pears

B). Young, 25-27 and VERY healthy.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'd rather fill that need through FA

Me too.

A combination of both.

In FA, IMO, I'd go for:

A). Only high caliber player like Mack, Wiesnewski [sp], Glenn, Mitchell Schwartz. No more bargin basement guys like Deavy & Pears

B). Young, 25-27 and VERY healthy.

Totally agree Brooks looks good too lots of options in FA
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Only way is up I guess after last season
Share 49ersWebzone