LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 303 users in the forums

Joey Bosa, our savior

#Losa4Bosa ??
When Bosa does reach the field, opponents will see a player with such a broad skill set that Buckeyes defensive line coach Larry Johnson, who mentored six first-round draft picks during a decorated career at Penn State, said he can't find a parallel.

"Joey's really a different player," Johnson said. "He's 6-5, he can bend really well, he's got great hips, great hands, he's explosive. He can play 5-technique, he can play 3-technique, he can stand up, he can drop. He can play in a 3-4, he can play in a four-man front. He'll be attractive to a lot of people because of all the things he can do."

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/112767/why-joey-bosa-is-unstoppable
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
When Bosa does reach the field, opponents will see a player with such a broad skill set that Buckeyes defensive line coach Larry Johnson, who mentored six first-round draft picks during a decorated career at Penn State, said he can't find a parallel.

"Joey's really a different player," Johnson said. "He's 6-5, he can bend really well, he's got great hips, great hands, he's explosive. He can play 5-technique, he can play 3-technique, he can stand up, he can drop. He can play in a 3-4, he can play in a four-man front. He'll be attractive to a lot of people because of all the things he can do."

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/112767/why-joey-bosa-is-unstoppable

This guy is gonna be long gone before the 49ers pick. And I say this because the 49ers seem to be up and down week in and week out, if they keep playing the way they are I see this team going 5-11 with the #6 or #7 overall pick. I say Bosa goes top 3, who wouldn't want a JJ Watt type of player, I know Tomsula would!!!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This guy is gonna be long gone before the 49ers pick. And I say this because the 49ers seem to be up and down week in and week out, if they keep playing the way they are I see this team going 5-11 with the #6 or #7 overall pick. I say Bosa goes top 3, who wouldn't want a JJ Watt type of player, I know Tomsula would!!!

I don't see more than 2 wins the rest of the way.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hopper:

I don't see more than 2 wins the rest of the way.

Ravens
Browns
Lions
Rams@home

are very winnable.
If they are in position to take Boss, you jump all over him. Bosa, Tunsil, Stanley, Nkemdiche, Smith in that order.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Ravens
Browns
Lions
Rams@home

are very winnable.

You're more optimistic than me. I can't see our poorly coached roster beating the Ravens and Rams.
I guess it depends on our scouting. If we fall in love with a qb/tackle/olb I say take them over bosa. Yes, I know everyone thinks I'm crazy. I just think we have a bigger need at those positions than dt.
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 801niner:
Do you think Ahmad Brooks, Eli Harold and Lemonier are long term solutions?

Too soon to tell with Harold as he is a rookie. In anycase you cant just wish your way to a better OLB. This upcoming draft is weak in just that area at the top.

If you cant get a top OLB, why not a pocket collapsing beast of a DL? Bosa could be a starter from Day 1, as could Nkemdiche, Ronnie Stanley, Tunsil and Smith.

Whoever they pick at the top, other than perhaps a a QB needs to have an immediate impact. Bosa would be a starter instantly.

A DL of Armstead-Williams-Bosa/Nkemdiche with Carradine, Dial and Purcell for depth sounds good to me.

This and any interior DL guy who needs double teamed or will collapse the pocket will make whoever is playing OLB look good. Armstead, Bosa and Lynch could cause major problems.

Agree but only if used properly.

I really don't feel that Tank's talents are being optimally used.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree but only if used properly.

I really don't feel that Tank's talents are being optimally used.

We can start with a better defensive coordinator.

Originally posted by saniner:
If they are in position to take Boss, you jump all over him. Bosa, Tunsil, Stanley, Nkemdiche, Smith in that order.

This is spot on. except Goff should be first.
Many people here are saying that he will go top 3, remember Leonard Williams. Everybody locked him in the top 5 and almost every analist said he was the top prospect of the draft but he had to wait until the 6th pick to be picked by the Jets.
Off-field problems. If the Niners draft him, how long before he ends up punching a female passenger in the face with brass knuckles while driving drunk?
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Off-field problems. If the Niners draft him, how long before he ends up punching a female passenger in the face with brass knuckles while driving drunk?

What were the off-field problems? Is he an alcoholic? Is he a woman beater? Is he just a dumb kid? I pulled a stop sign out of the ground and swung it at a dude in college (I was a dumb kid), but I've never been in trouble as an adult.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
What were the off-field problems? Is he an alcoholic? Is he a woman beater? Is he just a dumb kid? I pulled a stop sign out of the ground and swung it at a dude in college (I was a dumb kid), but I've never been in trouble as an adult.

The school was vague about what he did. I'm reading "marijuana and academics."

...And I was joking in the other post, of course. Me want.
Share 49ersWebzone