There are 125 users in the forums

WR - Breshad Perriman UCF

His hype is getting as ridiculous as Cody Latimer's did last year.

Didn't see any highlight videos in the thread.

Real quick...dudes hands look F'ing HUGE! His game looks like a poor mans Dez Bryant.
Double post.
[ Edited by bALLSOhARD on Feb 13, 2015 at 12:32 AM ]
Good looking player in pads...but, doesn't give me enough to warrant anything close to a first round grade. Productivity simply not consistent enough (averaged about 4 catches per game)
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Good looking player in pads...but, doesn't give me enough to warrant anything close to a first round grade. Productivity simply not consistent enough (averaged about 4 catches per game)
Scheme or could he just not create separation?
Originally posted by socal9er42:

Spread the ball around to the foursome... Hall, Worton, Reese, Perriman.

Perriman needs to work on refining his routes and catch focus... but if a team is considering the risk of DGB or Perriman? I'm going with Perriman.
I think he has a name that NFL announcers would love to call for touchdowns - Breshad Perriman.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This team does not need a WR high. If Krap can't get it done with the current WRs and TE he just can't get it done. Then we need a new QB.

Baalke is terrible at picking WRs and he will pick the wrong one anyway.

We just lost McDonald and we may lose Justin Smith too. D line is a huge need. We may lose Frank Gore. RB is a big need. We could use more speed there. We may lose Iupati. Making O line a big need.

This team has much bigger needs than WR.

Did you even watch the games? Our current WRs and TE was among the league leaders in drops and that includes Boldin. Not to mention they are probably the slowest group of WRs in the NFL. Name me a team who has a slower #1 and #2 than Crabs and Boldin. It's easy to defend a team who has absolutely no deep threat as evidence by our putrid offense. A need for speed has been our biggest need for a long time now and still is!

This team does not need a WR high. If Krap can't get it done with the current WRs and TE he just can't get it done. Then we need a new QB.

We just lost McDonald and we may lose Justin Smith too. D line is a huge need. We may lose Frank Gore. RB is a big need. We could use more speed there. We may lose Iupati. Making O line a big need.

Disagree with your post in a lot of ways. I think they've been preparing for a lot of the transition for the trenches over the last few years with these red shirt players in Tank and Thomas. We have very good players there, and I think they'll continue to build in the trenches through the draft, but WR has to be addressed.

It's polite to say that Boldin is long in the tooth, and Vernon seems to be as well. We've got a young RB who's been drafted to carry the load, and there's a number of RBs in this draft available to help if needed.

This team needs speed on offense and someone to scare a defense- Kaep's talent is what it is. To say "he should make them better" is a lazy way of placing blame at his feet. Patton can't stay healthy and Ellington is a project IMO.

I like perriman as rd 2-3 guy who could start for us. I prefer Dorsett, but wouldn't mind if we traded back and got a few options in these early rounds. We've got guys who lead the league in drops and can't separate and we blame Kaepernick for it? C'mon- lets give him a real weapon or two and make that call.
Originally posted by socal9er42:

NFL.com mentioned route running and a case of the dropsies

WEAKNESSES Raw in his routes, relying on speed and athleticism over any precision. Rounds routes and is inconsistent at selling and finishing routes that don't involve him as primary target. Sits and waits on the throw rather than working back to it. Redirected in his routes more than expected for receiver his size. Disappointing hands that might always haunt him. Slow catch readiness, allowing too many throws to beat him up. Too much double catching and his focus drops over second half of the season were maddening to watch.
Originally posted by 52isabeast:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Did you even watch the games? Our current WRs and TE was among the league leaders in drops and that includes Boldin. Not to mention they are probably the slowest group of WRs in the NFL. Name me a team who has a slower #1 and #2 than Crabs and Boldin. It's easy to defend a team who has absolutely no deep threat as evidence by our putrid offense. A need for speed has been our biggest need for a long time now and still is!

Disagree with your post in a lot of ways. I think they've been preparing for a lot of the transition for the trenches over the last few years with these red shirt players in Tank and Thomas. We have very good players there, and I think they'll continue to build in the trenches through the draft, but WR has to be addressed.

It's polite to say that Boldin is long in the tooth, and Vernon seems to be as well. We've got a young RB who's been drafted to carry the load, and there's a number of RBs in this draft available to help if needed.

This team needs speed on offense and someone to scare a defense- Kaep's talent is what it is. To say "he should make them better" is a lazy way of placing blame at his feet. Patton can't stay healthy and Ellington is a project IMO.

I like perriman as rd 2-3 guy who could start for us. I prefer Dorsett, but wouldn't mind if we traded back and got a few options in these early rounds. We've got guys who lead the league in drops and can't separate and we blame Kaepernick for it? C'mon- lets give him a real weapon or two and make that call.

Move down in the 1st for Devin Smith . Kid's got burners and he makes great adjustments. He has Djax written all over him. 12 TDs on 33 rec and he smoked some good defenses this year as well.

If trolling and inciting aren't allowed around here, why do the Mods allow someone to come on a Niner board and call the QB "Krap?" Just wondering.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
I think he has a name that NFL announcers would love to call for touchdowns - Breshad Perriman.

Just like his dad.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Move down in the 1st for Devin Smith . Kid's got burners and he makes great adjustments. He has Djax written all over him. 12 TDs on 33 rec and he smoked some good defenses this year as well.

He doesn't have a lot of receptions, but he is definitely an exciting player who has Djax-level speed and quickness. They could possibly even get him in the 2nd round. Just the idea of a Djax-type player on the team is pretty exciting. Kaepernick would have a player to whom he could just let a huge rainbow fly 65 yards down the field past the defense knowing that guy has the speed to run under it.

Does he return punts? I don't know.
Originally posted by crake49:

He doesn't have a lot of receptions, but he is definitely an exciting player who has Djax-level speed and quickness. They could possibly even get him in the 2nd round. Just the idea of a Djax-type player on the team is pretty exciting. Kaepernick would have a player to whom he could just let a huge rainbow fly 65 yards down the field past the defense knowing that guy has the speed to run under it.

Does he return punts? I don't know.

Yeah not a ton of receptions, but they had around 700 run attempts this year lol. When Jones became the QB he helped Smith with his big arm. yeah he is a bigger version of Djax in my opinion and can block as well. I don't think he did returns last year, but he was one of the best gunners in college...so he could fill that role as well.
Yeah not a ton of receptions, but they had around 700 run attempts this year lol. When Jones became the QB he helped Smith with his big arm. yeah he is a bigger version of Djax in my opinion and can block as well. I don't think he did returns last year, but he was one of the best gunners in college...so he could fill that role as well.

I would just like to see some serious, scary speed on the outside that defensive backfields absolutely have to account for if they don't want to get burned repeatedly. It doesn't matter where Djax lines up - he scares DB's. They play way off of him every time I see him in a game.
Share 49ersWebzone