LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 490 users in the forums

I got your draft right here

It's interesting - early in the draft, you seem to be over-drafting players but later on you are making picks that probably won't be there. I don't think Ellington will last nearly that far and I'm worried he will be gone at 77. If he got a decent start in the 40 at the combine, he would have run in the mid 4.3's and probably be a round 2 pick. I think NFL teams are aware of this. I don't think Colvin and Lattimore will make it all the way to the end of the 7th round but I could be wrong.

I don't think any of the centers this year deserve to be taken in the top 50 picks. I'm not sure which one I prefer between Martin and Richburg - Richburg is the better athlete, but Martin is a little bigger with better length. Safeties don't run 5.1 40's with 7.93 second 3 cone times. Richburg moves like a lineman - he may be the most athletic C prospect in a very unathletic and weak C class.
Originally posted by rizzogray:
Could all these players actually make our team. Or would we be drafting most of these guys just to cut when we trim down the roster to 52.

This. I like the draft and all, but it looks like a rebuilding draft...maybe we should trade a couple of picks for future picks. I fear we will lose 3 or 4 of those guys who are forced to be on our practice squad.
Its a possibility they draft a center, we don't know what the salary cap plans are with Iupati. If they draft a center then Kilgore can slide into a guard spot or if they draft a guard they can leave him at center.
too many players drafted, 12? Barely half would make the team.
I like it. Would only switch out a pass rusher or TE for Landry. Nice mock.
Solid.
Kilgore can't do it? Based on What???

WAKE UP CALL. - This is such absolute nonsense. Kilgore got an extension because our coaches believe he's the Man! Get over it! He will be our starting C and he'll be damn good. So many in the Zone totally dissed the Boone move an that turned into gold.

Taking a C w/our first pick is ridiculous at best.

I really like a lot of your players Latimer, McGill, Joyner, and I think Loston will be a VERY good NFL player.

4th on Coleman to "project as a NT" - Sorry, another position we don't need.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
It's interesting - early in the draft, you seem to be over-drafting players but later on you are making picks that probably won't be there. I don't think Ellington will last nearly that far and I'm worried he will be gone at 77. If he got a decent start in the 40 at the combine, he would have run in the mid 4.3's and probably be a round 2 pick. I think NFL teams are aware of this. I don't think Colvin and Lattimore will make it all the way to the end of the 7th round but I could be wrong.

I don't think any of the centers this year deserve to be taken in the top 50 picks. I'm not sure which one I prefer between Martin and Richburg - Richburg is the better athlete, but Martin is a little bigger with better length. Safeties don't run 5.1 40's with 7.93 second 3 cone times. Richburg moves like a lineman - he may be the most athletic C prospect in a very unathletic and weak C class.

you're probably right about the third round. but, on the other hand, gm's get conservative on draft day. if a guy is short, slow, or raw, the gm may not trust his gut and fear that the guy won't excel, even though the film is good. it happens all the time. just look at boldin.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Kilgore can't do it? Based on What???

WAKE UP CALL. - This is such absolute nonsense. Kilgore got an extension because our coaches believe he's the Man! Get over it! He will be our starting C and he'll be damn good. So many in the Zone totally dissed the Boone move an that turned into gold.

Taking a C w/our first pick is ridiculous at best.

I really like a lot of your players Latimer, McGill, Joyner, and I think Loston will be a VERY good NFL player.

4th on Coleman to "project as a NT" - Sorry, another position we don't need.

based on all of kilgore's plays i've seen, i don't see a "damn good" player. i see an otherwise good player who has a mediocre anchor against starting talent. i guess the coaches see something else. i'm looking for a center who can win, not just survive and be the weak link on the line.

nt? ian is an unknown. don't see dial as a future starter. need a guy to bring up.
No.

We already cant fit all 11 rooks on the team, if we do trade down it will be for a pick next year.

Well, I guess we'll wait and see who's right on Kilgore.

Also, Dorsey played very well in the middle.
Originally posted by matt49er:
this would be horrible. why in the world would we trade back then take a center with our first pick after giving Kilgore an extension? you got some good players here but we need starter quality CBs now and starter quality WRs for as soon as next season.

Agreed! I really hope this doesn't happen.
Share 49ersWebzone