LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 236 users in the forums

theninermaniac's Mock Draft 1.0

16. (trade #30, #77, and #189 to Cowboys) Calvin Pryor - Safety - Louisville - With the secondary being the biggest need for the Niners, Baalke reverts to last year's draft formula and adds a dynamic playmaker to the secondary. Pryor is a vicious hitter, and excels in zone coverage and run support. He would be a perfect complement to Reid and the two would form the best safety tandem in the NFL. Pryor has incredible athleticism and more range and better awareness than Whitner. Justin Gilbert would also fit in to this trade up scenario.

56. Jordan Mathews - WR - Vanderbilt - I know a lot of WZers are clamoring for a speedy-type WR that could stretch the field deep, but that just doesn't fit with the power-run philosophy of Harbaugh. Mathews offers a size-speed blend and has a work ethic similar to his cousin Jerry Rice. His combine performance only enhanced his draft stock. He seems pro-ready and could be an early contributor.

61. Xavier Su'a-Filo - G - UCLA - I think most of us agree that for as awesome as Iupati has been, there's just not going to be enough money to pay him after next season. I think we select this well-ronded guard late in the second that could add needed depth to the interior offensive line. A high character player that can play multiple positions along the line and be the heir to the LG spot down the road.

94. Insert Cornerback Here - There are multiple cornerback prospects that I would like to target in this spot. It just depends on who falls to us. Ideally Id like a corner that can play the slot since Rodgers will most likely be getting cut. Verrett, Jean-Baptiste, and McGill would all fit nicely.

125. Tajh Boyd - QB - Clemson - I think Boyd will be a steal in this draft, especially if he falls this far. His arm strength and mobility, along with his willingness to throw from the pocket make him an awesome talent in my evaluation. His only real downside is his size. If Boyd is gone, then I would look at adding a D-lineman and addressing the QB position later.

158. Insert LB here - It is impossible to project what players will be left at this point. Adding depth in the wake of Bowman's injury should be of importance.

219. Project pick

220. Project pick

222. Project pick
[ Edited by theninermaniac on Mar 1, 2014 at 2:01 PM ]
Insert opinion here.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
In---Com----Plete!!!!
Insert you own god damn pick lol
Originally posted by Kolohe:
In---Com----Plete!!!!

You could have just said Kap under pressure
Not much of a mock if I have to insert names.
pretty lazy mock imo and terrible Dallas need Pryor more than we do they won't make a trade
Share 49ersWebzone