LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 237 users in the forums

Draft Mock Vol2.. Draft King new updates

I have been debating back in forth on who to pick Cb or Wr. It's clearly Wr,our defense can hold up cause we have the best line backers in the game and one of the toughest Dl. We have average Cb and a hard hitting safty aka Whitner and a very good Rookie on the other side of him and our defense is holding up. Our offense on the other hand is struggling we are damn near last in passing and we have 2 really dominant receivers, the only problem is they are not fast and it's hard for them to get separation without pushing off. Basically what I'm saying is kapernick damn near has to through the ball on the money damn near every play because they don't get separation. There not tall so they can't jump over anybody and snag it over them. Leads me my decision in drafting a Wr in the first round. I'm down to say f**k it trade everything like Atlanta and get sammy his 6'1 with Percy Harvin speed and is very strong to cut across the middle I say we sighn Bolden and crab tree and draft sammy . Our offense would go from worst to top 3 instantly . If we don't get sammy this would be my mock.

1st round
Jordan Mathews Sr 6'3 WR Vanderbilt

He has really good size he should fall right about the late 1st round or early 2nd . He has very good route running abillity , good speed to get separation not great but good and have very long arms . Iq for football is outstanding. Nfl compparison : Larry Fitzgerald or Reggi Wayne

2nd round
[b]Deone Buccannon Sr 6'1 SS Washington

Replace a Hitner with a Cannon. Whitner has been playing very good for us in run support and just making plays I belive he deserve a big contract like Goldson got and we can't give him that I belive he's going to walk. We have Kapernick to give an extension and Aldon so there's not going to be room for Whitner. Buccannon is 6'1 and very very and I mean very physical he helps in run support and is outstanding in coverage he jumps routes when he gets the chance and he know how to lay the lumber down when he wants to he's a flat out stud with Eric on the other side were not going to be giving up any deep plays I can tell you that. Nfl compparison Eric Berry

2nd round
Bradley Roby Jr 5'11 CB Ohio St

Bradley has some off the field problem that pulls out red flags to scout. But he's the most athletic cb in the draft he ran a unofficial 40 of a 4.39. He has really good speed to blanket receivers in coverage and jump routes. Nfl compparison a faster version of asante samuel

3rd round
Martavis Bryant 6'4 WR Jr Clemson

Martavis did have the spot light on him because of Sammy Watkins but this year he did have 17 reception for 20 plus yards. A reporter said he's the most athletic player at Clemson and is faster than Sammy. I'll have to see his 40 in the combine. When I did a little bit of research on his 40 it says he ran an unofficial time of 4.40 flat . He only weight 200 lbs I think of having Bolden and Crabtree mentor him in his route running and hit the weight room and get up to 220 he can become a beast he has a very high ceiling due to his athletic abillity. Nfl compparison Stephen Hill right now but can become a little baby Megatron.

3rd Rd
[b] Bryan Stork C 6'4 300 lbs

It's time for Goodwin to retire or go somewhere else. Bryan is rated the 2nd best center in the draft, he can come in and start immediately and give kapernick some more time in the pocket.

4thround
Jeremy Hill 6'1 RB LSU
Hopefully he falls to the fourth rd.
I know we have a lot of running backs a Frank is playing ok but we need to add a little bit of spice in our run game a guy that's hungry. Marcus can either be the man or be a bust I like to have some insurance and have some one fighting for his spot. I belive Kendal is going to get traded or let go , as well as Anthony Dixon. Jeremy he 6'1 235 big back with very quick feet . He is very strong and know how to finish the play. He can also helo in the pass game with very good hands.Nfl compparison Steven jackson

4th round * trade up
[/b] Josh mauro 6'6 Stanford

Very high motor loves to get into the back field, he's in the development right now he can be a very good back up and can gain his way in to a starting position. Nfl compparison Justin smith aka cowboy

Got tired don't fill like going through the other picks but I'll say
6 round aaron Murray qb
Trade up in 6th get deion belui
7th Round dri archer or de'anthony
7th round jc Copland
I agree with a lot of what's in this mock. In terms of priorities, I think going with a legit split end in the first is a good idea assuming that we let Boldin walk. SS will be a huge priority too since there s no way we resign Whitner if we re serious about locking up kap, aldon and crabs. We need to draft a corner early as well because we have no idea what cully will be like coming back from acl surgery. I don't like the Bryant pick he seems too raw. I d prefer Brandon cooks here or another guy that can serve as a productive flanker.. I agree 100% w the stork pick in this place. It fits a need and could be an upgrade over Goodwin. We do not need a running back at all in this draft. We are loaded at the position and have other needs to fill such as safety, qb, and corner back depth.
[ Edited by Diaperfan on Jan 14, 2014 at 4:11 PM ]
Bradley Roby has way too much talent to last to the late 2nd, IMO. Yes, Abbrederis got him for a few big plays this year and he's battled injuries this year, but he's a complete CB, an elite athlete and had an overall productive year (13th in the nation in both passes defended and passes broken up). Just my opinion, but he's more likely a late 1st/early 2nd pick...or after running near 4.30 at the combine, could find his way back to the top of the CB list.

Same goes for Jeremy Hill...off-field issues aside, he's easily one of the top 2-3 RBs in the draft and won't likely make it out of the 2nd/3rd round.
Pretty much a given that the Niners are going to have three 3rd rd picks. I agree with Ghost that it is very unlikely that Roby would fall all the way down to last 2nd. However, if he did he would be a no brainer.
Nice mock. Would be thrilled with most of those picks
Originally posted by tohara3:

Originally posted by tohara3:

What about the Jeremy Hill pick I'm debating on if we should draft a RB but even though Marcus Lattimore hasn't played I have my doubt about him .. don't get me wrong I hope he does good but I just want to get another rb because this year it's mainly cb and wr that everybody needs so rb will be a sleeper this year
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Bradley Roby has way too much talent to last to the late 2nd, IMO. Yes, Abbrederis got him for a few big plays this year and he's battled injuries this year, but he's a complete CB, an elite athlete and had an overall productive year (13th in the nation in both passes defended and passes broken up). Just my opinion, but he's more likely a late 1st/early 2nd pick...or after running near 4.30 at the combine, could find his way back to the top of the CB list.

Same goes for Jeremy Hill...off-field issues aside, he's easily one of the top 2-3 RBs in the draft and won't likely make it out of the 2nd/3rd round.

I'm a big Roby fan. Plays with much more aggression and explosion than everyone else on the field. Same feeling I got when watching the honey badger. The game against Abberaderis is a bit exaggerated also. He wasn't that bad in it. Plus, Jarred is incredible at WR
Share 49ersWebzone