LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 270 users in the forums

Kelvin Benjamin

Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Greg Cosell's take:
"I actually liked Kelvin Benjamin from Florida State a little more than I liked Mike Evans. He's basically as big, and I thought he had a little more natural quickness and athleticism than Evans," Cosell said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000325746/article/cosell-sammy-watkins-hands-down-best-receiver-in-draft

You're quoting an article from more than a week before the combine. Very few people are saying that Benjamin has more quickness or athleticism than Evans now.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
You're quoting an article from more than a week before the combine. Very few people are saying that Benjamin has more quickness or athleticism than Evans now.
Film is film though
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Film is film though

Is not.
I'm hoping GM's fall in love with this dude and he goes top 15 to help push Evans and Cooks down a bit closer to us.
I had high hopes for him....
Then the combine hit...

Now i don't want him
I love Adams and Moncrief but we need red zone TDs. Can KB be that guy? We've lost two years straight by not being able to score inside twenty
Greg Cosell's take:
"I actually liked Kelvin Benjamin from Florida State a little more than I liked Mike Evans. He's basically as big, and I thought he had a little more natural quickness and athleticism than Evans," Cosell said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000325746/article/cosell-sammy-watkins-hands-down-best-receiver-in-draft

I'm quoting an article in which NFL Films' Greg Cosell offers his take based on films from actual, real live football games. I don't think he went to the combine. But I suppose if they give the prize to the team that has guys who run shuttles and 40's the best, maybe That would change the pick, and Al Davis would need a new room to house all his trophies.
[ Edited by ronniefreakinlott42 on Mar 23, 2014 at 11:40 PM ]
Greg Cosell's take:

mayock, who has a track record that shows his opinion, while not always right, is deserving of respect, said that kelvin Benjamin uses his body, and not necessarily speed or sharp cuts, to get separation...I think some team is going to take a shot fairly early, top 15 picks
wow the last few posts are people ignoring GAME TAPE and putting more into the underwear olympics. lol
I actually agree with Greg Cosell. Benjamin looks more explosive to me than Evans. That's why I was so surprised to see Evans post such better combine numbers. Still think Benjamin has better game speed, but I prefer a number of receivers before these two.

Originally posted by miked1978:
wow the last few posts are people ignoring GAME TAPE and putting more into the underwear olympics. lol

There's been countless players that were as good or much better on game tape that were absolutely awful in the NFL.
Originally posted by DeUh:
I´m not a fan of taking a flyer on him unless he falls to the end of the 2nd or into the 3th. But apparently many like him so here is a cool new video.

I see a larger version of crabtree
I think this draft is loaded with talented FSU players that will make a BIG impact in the NFL...but Benjamin is not one of them. I have a fourth round grade on him, and see him as too heavy, too lumbersome in and out of breaks, to be effective in the NFL. To me, it would be better to let him gain 10 more pounds, flex him out as a TE, and match him up against LBs, because I just don't see the explosiveness and ability to cut at the next level versus members of the secondary.

Call me a skeptic on him.
  • pfizz
Originally posted by valrod33:
I see a larger version of crabtree

wow straight up disrespect towards crabtree. crabtree runs solid routes and has excellent hands the complete opposite of this guy.
I could see him being a lot like Plaxico Burress. On field at least.
Share 49ersWebzone