LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 246 users in the forums

Draft Jerry Rice's cousin in 2014.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
....and have Nate Montana throw to him. Cut Kaep and Crabtree.

And sign Ronnie Lott's boy
Has anyone seen Donte Moncrief play? I discovered him when I was looking at defensive players for LSU, and it is beyond me how he's not about the 3rd rated WR in the draft. I like Jordan Matthews and think he's the real deal. But when compared to Moncrief, I can't see how people have Matthews rated higher. Moncrief is listed at like 15-20 pounds heavier (same height); and Moncrief looks quicker, faster, is easily a better blocker, seems more tenacious and DBs who were better than the ones covering Matthews look silly IMO. I mean some serious, future-NFL DBs. Moncrief is easily my must-have guy so far based on where he's projected (last year - no lie - my must-have guys were Tank Carradine, Lemonier & John Hankins; 2 for 3 ain't bad!).
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Has anyone seen Donte Moncrief play? I discovered him when I was looking at defensive players for LSU, and it is beyond me how he's not about the 3rd rated WR in the draft. I like Jordan Matthews and think he's the real deal. But when compared to Moncrief, I can't see how people have Matthews rated higher. Moncrief is listed at like 15-20 pounds heavier (same height); and Moncrief looks quicker, faster, is easily a better blocker, seems more tenacious and DBs who were better than the ones covering Matthews look silly IMO. I mean some serious, future-NFL DBs. Moncrief is easily my must-have guy so far based on where he's projected (last year - no lie - my must-have guys were Tank Carradine, Lemonier & John Hankins; 2 for 3 ain't bad!).

Hankins will be good. Giants rarely miss.
1st team ALL-SEC voted by coaches
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

Yes I have seen him play. Have him as a 2nd round prospect at the moment.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Yes I have seen him play. Have him as a 2nd round prospect at the moment.

I'm glad someone noticed him. I'm not eve seeing his name on top 100 lists...

If you had to take one of 'em right now (way too early), whom would you take? Moncrief or Matthews?
Share 49ersWebzone