There are 413 users in the forums

Draft Twitter Thread

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by susweel:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m Thought #49ers would be a match to deal w #Raiders for No. 3. So many picks, etc. Ran it by a source. Was told, "Uh, no." Source added "lol"

Lmao
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m Thought #49ers would be a match to deal w #Raiders for No. 3. So many picks, etc. Ran it by a source. Was told, "Uh, no." Source added "lol"

Lmao

haha no way baalke trades up that far.... right
LMAO!! Uhh no
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Lmao

haha no way baalke trades up that far.... right

Not for anyone this year.
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN
How can the 49ers really shake up the first round? Trade up to a spot to select WR Tavon Austin, that's how.

Originally posted by Chrs0049:
How can the 49ers really shake up the first round? Trade up to a spot to select WR Tavon Austin, that's how.

Gotta get up to 7 then which will be a lot, he's not getting by buffalo or the jets.
If they move up ahead of Carolina IMO it would be if Lotulelei fell. Carolina will take lotulelei if he is there. IMO that would be the likely target.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chrs0049:

OMG YES TRADE WITH BUFFALO AT 8 AND DO WORK!
How shocked would you guys be though if they trade up and grab Austin? Thing is you can boost the defense with a d lineman who won't be a starter or grab an impact player that makes the offense by far the best and most explosive in the league. I'm not saying I want them to trade up for Austin but the idea has to make Harbaugh excited.
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
How shocked would you guys be though if they trade up and grab Austin? Thing is you can boost the defense with a d lineman who won't be a starter or grab an impact player that makes the offense by far the best and most explosive in the league. I'm not saying I want them to trade up for Austin but the idea has to make Harbaugh excited.

If we trade up for Austin I'll be happy as long as we get a fs, TE and depth on the dline. Yeah that's asking for a lot

A NT like Star would start no doubt.

Austin would be second thought after crabtree and boldin.

Not to mention he is 5-8 and may very well end up being nothing but hype in the nfl.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Not to mention he is 5-8 and may very well end up being nothing but hype in the nfl.

Height is nothing, he's not gonna be used for jump balls. Just give him the ball in space and watch him go, I don't want Austin going to the rams especially on that fast turf
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Height is nothing, he's not gonna be used for jump balls. Just give him the ball in space and watch him go, I don't want Austin going to the rams especially on that fast turf

How can you make such generl sttment such s height is nothing? He is 5-8. Quite a bit shorter than any successful WR i can think of. He is an inch shorter than Smith, and two shorter than desean. Those are the only two i can think of even in that ballpark. Add to that he is quite a bit lighter as well.

5-8 is short by NFL standards, real short. You can not just automaticly assume he will have the same production he had in college when he gets to the NFL.
If we trade up very far I hope it's for Richardson, Austin, Vaccaro, or Lotuleilei (although I think he's a better fit or a 4-3).
If we trade up 5-10 spots and those 3 are gone I hope for Datone Jones, Carradine, Hunter, or Patterson.

I could also see a trade up for a Corner like Hayden, Rhodes, or Trufant.

Just too many things we could do tonight, that's a third of the players that will most likely go in the first. I think as long as we don't take a QB, RB, or OL in the first I'll be fine with it. Don't really want an OLB either but if they take Carradine I think he'll be DE for us in the next couple years.
Hyden is looking like a top ten pick right now. Probably first CB off the board. Although if we were ble to trde up for him i would be happy as well.
Share 49ersWebzone