There are 811 users in the forums

Who's flying up your draft board?

Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Do any nfl teams listen to mayock, kiper, mcshay....like at all? Or are they just there to give us information?

No. Mayock, Kiper, etc. are there for the general public. They're there to sell information to the masses of the general public.

Teams only listen to their scouts and other executives. That's why there are many "surprises" in drafts. Like when the Vikings took Christian Ponder with the 12th pick when he was expected to be a 2nd rounder or when the Titans took Jake Locker 10th overall. Teams like certain players Mayock or other teams don't like.
Johnathan Hankins: While watching the combine I thought to myself here is a sloppy looking fatty who is falling for a good reason, but after watching all of his vids at http://draftbreakdown.com/ I would like to see us trade up from 61 to 45-50 in order to secure his services.

I think Datone Jones makes to our second pick at 34 and even though some will say it's D-line overkill, I say Hankins is too versatile (he can effectively play all positions along the line) and too disruptive to pass up.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Do any nfl teams listen to mayock, kiper, mcshay....like at all? Or are they just there to give us information?

No. Mayock, Kiper, etc. are there for the general public. They're there to sell information to the masses of the general public.

Teams only listen to their scouts and other executives. That's why there are many "surprises" in drafts. Like when the Vikings took Christian Ponder with the 12th pick when he was expected to be a 2nd rounder or when the Titans took Jake Locker 10th overall. Teams like certain players Mayock or other teams don't like.
Mayock has turned down teams trying to offer him scouting jobs though. He has much respect among GM's.
Share 49ersWebzone