Austin and Matheiu
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Could anyone see us grabbing two FS in this draft?

For example; Reid & Cyprien?

Why?

Because we just lost the starter, and we have 13 draft picks in a deep FS draft class. Had we addressed the position last year we would have a next guy up situation.

Just a thought, but why not?

I understand drafting one, but why draft another one? I guess maybe in the 7th round they could draft another one. Is that what your talking about?
I doubt Reid or Cyprien is around in the 7th round.

I'm talking about two of the top 5 FS, why not grab two of them? We will be right where we are now if there is an injury.

Once again, just a thought.

I think it makes all the sense to draft two safeties in this draft. I'd spend one of the first two on a safety and then again another one at late 3rd or 4th. Donte isn't a long-term solution and will be likely gone after 2013.

I'd love to get Cyprien in the 1st or 2nd round

I'd spend a pick on Rambo. Yes, he has off-field issues - but that's why he will be available in the middle-rounds.
If Jesse williams(ALABAMA) ended up here , I'd have a fine day. We still need another DT/DE, but williams would be sweet.
I would love it if we can get two DL and a S. Then a TE RB C and a large WR
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by 49Perspectives:
Pick 1: Cyprein or Reid (FS)
Pick 2: Austin (WR)
Pick 3: Matheiu(CB)

Thoughts?

Not only will Austin be gone by 34th, I am not even sure you can get Cyprien or Reid at 31st. As for Mathieu, thanks but no thanks, just too short, small and weak !!

My 1st 3 will be :

1) Justin Hunter
2) Zach Ertz
3) David Amerson (but, will definitely require trading up higher than 61st in the 2nd)

I'd cream my pants if it went down like this.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
1) Eric Reid
2) Johnathan Hankins
3) Jamie Collins
[ Edited by SaksV on Apr 8, 2013 at 1:57 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I'd cream my pants if it went down like this.

Me too. LOL. Better stock up some underpants before April 25.

Trust me, we need to draft high on the offensive side of the ball. Those Seahawks are going to be no joke. We can't let them drop a 40 burger on us again !! It just can't happen !!
1) Jessie Williams
2) Tyler Eifert
3) Eric Reid

Some trading would be necessary, pick 61+ rd4 & rd5 pick for pick 40 or so.

Justin Hunter with pick 74
Tyrann Mathieu with pick 93
Marcus Lattimore in the 4th or 5th too
[ Edited by montereyjack415 on Apr 8, 2013 at 2:20 PM ]
j.hankins or j.williams
j.cyprien
d.amerson
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49Perspectives:
We have Aldon, McDonald, Justin Smith, Dorsey... in all gonesty I'd rather sign
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Thorougly dislike it.

DL is a necessity - period!

good lord , this is the truth x infinity. if we stand pat and even if we trade up, the first three picks should be two d linemen and a safety.

I'd rather sign Freeney than draft a DL.

Really? You want to sign an old player who would never be a fit for a 3-4 DE rather than focus on our DL in the draft? Um.. OK.

Not to mention NO CAP space. Freeney can't play DE/DT in our scheme he is a tweener meant for 4/3.

Will be trading up... So who shall we be takening with that early first rounder... We don't have the money for all the picks means traded up and trade for picks next season!
Mathieu in the third I would not mind. Don't know why people equate small with weak. Darrel Green was small, yes he was fast, point is the guy could play. The seahwks safety is small too, but very good. Mathieu, played in one of the toughes conferences in his two seasons as a starter and in each he had 2 int, but more importantly he racked up a lot of force fumbles, you don't do that by being weak. You need to be strong as well as have good technique to rip the ball out.

Lots of good value to be had, no need to reach and no need to grab a receiver this year, I understand that 2014, alot of them will be FA, but we need to remember we are still in SB territory. We should be so lucky as the Ravens, win the SB, then maybe deal with the FA losses, and retool. At least the niners will have another SB added to their notch, that is what we should be aiming for.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Will be trading up... So who shall we be takening with that early first rounder... We don't have the money for all the picks means traded up and trade for picks next season!

With a deep draft in the middle, I look at a team trading their picks to move up with us for the 31. I wouldn't mind trading back 4 picks behind our 34 pick and picking up a 2nd this and next year. We would then be set next year with at least 5 picks in the first three rounds like this year.

If this were to happen, this year we would have 3-2nds, then we could either use the 4th and 5th round to move the third #2 up the board or package it with the #3 to move it up to the second round to give us 4 picks in the second. This would give us the pick of several really good solid players.

Knowing the zone, though most here wants a first round pick. Cause I hear so much trade the vet so we can get more draft picks mentality.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

With a deep draft in the middle, I look at a team trading their picks to move up with us for the 31. I wouldn't mind trading back 4 picks behind our 34 pick and picking up a 2nd this and next year. We would then be set next year with at least 5 picks in the first three rounds like this year.

If this were to happen, this year we would have 3-2nds, then we could either use the 4th and 5th round to move the third #2 up the board or package it with the #3 to move it up to the second round to give us 4 picks in the second. This would give us the pick of several really good solid players.

Knowing the zone, though most here wants a first round pick. Cause I hear so much trade the vet so we can get more draft picks mentality.
1. Eric Reid
2. Jessie Williams
3. Jaime Collins
Share 49ersWebzone