LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 316 users in the forums

Combine thread

Dammit I just woke up. I saw that some scouts had Goodwin at 4.19. Wow. Are all the wide receivers already done running today, or is there another group left? What'd Patterson run?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Goodwin is retarded fast, damn.

looks more like a sprinter than a WR terrible at route running & locating the football compared to Tavon Austin he is fast and Natural Wr - Mike Mayock
[ Edited by Norwalks_Best on Feb 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Dammit I just woke up. I saw that some scouts had Goodwin at 4.19. Wow. Are all the wide receivers already done running today, or is there another group left? What'd Patterson run?

he is going to run pretty soon
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
looks more like a sprinter than a WR terrible at route running & locating the football compared to Tavon Austin he is fast and Natural Wr - Mike Mayock

one of the commnetators just said that Austin is a football player that runs like a track athletic and Goodwin is a track athtletic trying to play foot ball.

Looks like a decent football player to me. If you can get him in the 3rd round that is pretty darn good value. Give him some reverses and use him in a Percy Harvin role while he is developing at wide receiver. He's fast as s**t. Don't need to have great wide receiver skills to make an impact as a return man, catching quick passes out of the backfield, taking hand offs, giving him reverses, etc.
Originally posted by buck:

he is going to run pretty soon

Phoenix's boy Patton runs a 4.46.
Denard Robinson runs 4.34. Wow.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

This guys just amazed me I thought he was a 4.5 guy but Wow!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

This guys just amazed me I thought he was a 4.5 guy but Wow!

Yeah, I think he secured getting drafted. Depending on how he does in other drills and his pro day he could move up to the 3rd or 4th round.

Looks like a decent football player to me. If you can get him in the 3rd round that is pretty darn good value. Give him some reverses and use him in a Percy Harvin role while he is developing at wide receiver. He's fast as s**t. Don't need to have great wide receiver skills to make an impact as a return man, catching quick passes out of the backfield, taking hand offs, giving him reverses, etc.

in that case, why do we have LMJ ??? .
[ Edited by martysofresh on Feb 24, 2013 at 8:48 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Phoenix's boy Patton runs a 4.46.

if his second run is as fast or faster, he makes himself some money.

edit. second run was 4.50.

All in all, he did well.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 24, 2013 at 9:13 AM ]
I don't care what anybody here says, I'm not buying Ace Sanders. At 5'7", 173 he's just too small for my taste. I don't care what he runs in the 40. (4.5 first attempt.) One solid hit to the sternum from an NFL safety and that experiment is over.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Feb 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM ]
Originally posted by martysofresh:

in that case, why do we have LMJ ??? .

LMJ can't really play slot wide receiver though. This guy potentially can. Having said that, we definitely need big bodied fast wide receivers that can stretch the field and be a threat in the red zone over quick slot kind of guys, because we already have that. We just don't know how manningham and kyle williams will rebound from injury, so the quick slot kinda guy might be a need as well.
Damn dude, all these motherf**kers are hella fast. lol
Share 49ersWebzone