There are 104 users in the forums

TJ McDonald

How do people feel about TJ McDonald?

CBSSports lists him as a 2nd rounder but ESPN has him ranked much lower. Even though I've heard he's much better in coverage, the Taylor Mays comparisons still scare me.

How does he compare to guys like Eric Reid or Robert Lester? I'm assuming we'll have no shot at Vaccarro.
Originally posted by mkary12:
How do people feel about TJ McDonald?

CBSSports lists him as a 2nd rounder but ESPN has him ranked much lower. Even though I've heard he's much better in coverage, the Taylor Mays comparisons still scare me.

How does he compare to guys like Eric Reid or Robert Lester? I'm assuming we'll have no shot at Vaccarro.

I see him as an option with our late 2nd or early 3rd rd pick, if still available. I'd like to believe that we have enough talent at S that we need not draft one early on.. but can not say for sure. Lots of questions at S going forward. I'm sure our coaches have a plan, but they failed to call me about it.
I like him, smart guy, good awareness, very aggressive and a hard hitter, much better in coverage that Singletary's pet project f**k-up. As a bonus, he's Tim McDonald's kid and the apple hopefully didn't fall very far from the tree.
I like him cuz his pops played for the Niners
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

remember you said that when alex smith jr enters the draft in 2034
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
In the few games I've seen he seems to play the Taylor Mays 20 yards downfield position that they have at USC.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
He's a better tackler then Mays is thats for sure. I've watched 3 or 4 USC games this season and he is very good in run support, he makes hits like Mays did but he definitely wrap tackles a lot more then Mays ever has.
Share 49ersWebzone