LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 300 users in the forums

Any idea why they cancelled the meeting with Michael Floyd?

Any idea why they did this? I actually read about it in an off handed way in this article about the visit from Kendall Wright who I am not completely sold on btw... http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/04/meeting-mr-wright-baylor-wr-visits-49ers.html

I was excited about that one hoping they would trade up and snag him... Maybe they bailed because they knew he was out of their league in terms of where they draft at. :(
[ Edited by BayArea on Apr 13, 2012 at 3:58 AM ]
hennessy
There probably not going to trade up that far for a WR....makes sense to just cancel and not waste anytime...and you never know, Floyd may have been the one to cancel the meeting.
Because he will be drafted in the top 10, no chance of getting him
Originally posted by valrod33:
Because he will be drafted in the top 10, no chance of getting him

yea same thing I'm thinking, we don't need to waste one of our 30 visits on someone we are not going to go after/get a chance to go after........
We don't need to waste draft picks to trade up. We have the luxury of going BPA at our draft spot.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
hennessy

TRUE..it must have been the Henny!

Other than that, they realize that he may be going in the top 10 and are unwilling to go the Falcon/Julio route. Lets not waste our time dreaming THAT big. Plenty of WR talent in this draft to mortgage the future for one player, especially when we have Crabtree and Manningham locked in for the next couple years. With our 2 and 3 TE sets, the WR is not really featured in this offense.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Or...they wanted to give the impression that they were not interested in trading up 2 weeks before the draft. It is most likely the 49ers do not want to pay what it would take to move up for Floyd but its lying season and nothing that becomes publicly known should be taken at face value.
Originally posted by kem99:
Or...they wanted to give the impression that they were not interested in trading up 2 weeks before the draft. It is most likely the 49ers do not want to pay what it would take to move up for Floyd but its lying season and nothing that becomes publicly known should be taken at face value.

Very true...tis the season!
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:

HEY!!! I GOT A RED BAR! Its my 1st and I will cherish it forever...xoxo

give it back, now!

nothing like that 1st time...............
smoke and mirrors. its just Harbaugh trying to throw off folks. imho.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I don't think the 9ers are trying to be that sneaky. I think the more noticeable one was when all 31 teams showed up for Hills pro Day but the 9ers were the only ones that didn't. But I just think the 9ers knew Floyd would be too out-of-range for them to draft even with trading up.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
same reason the meeting with Andrew Luck was cancelled.
Share 49ersWebzone