Carlos Rogers, Resign
Alex Smith, Resign
Ahmad Brooks, Resigned
Dashon Goldson, Franchised
Adam Snyder, Resign
Ted Ginn Jr., Resign
Reggie Smith, Not retained
Chilo Rachal, Not retained
Josh Morgan, Resign
Justin Peelle, Not retained
Madieu Williams, Not retained
Moran Norris, Not retained
Tavares Gooden, Resign
Blake Costanzo, Resign
Larry Grant RFA-tender
Brett Swain RFA-Not retained
C.J. Spillman Resigned
As our offense was the weak point of this team, I feel it deserves most of the attention in the draft.Trade our 1st (#30) to Dolphins for their 2nd (#42) and 3rd (#73). Dolphins move up to draft Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M
2. Select best available WR at this spot. Possible WR here: Sanu, Randle, Criner, Hill. My pick is Stephen Hill WR, GA Tech, 6'4/200, he might be a stretch here to some or too low to others...if he is available he provides us a big body and reliable hands in the red zone.
2. Select best OG available at this spot. My pick is Amini Silatolu OG, Midwestern State,6'3/324. Transition to G shouldn't be a problem with his athleticism. Possesses on-field nastiness and hustle to help teammates, NFL coaches will get even more out of him. Scouts will have major questions about his level of competition, as well as his football and general intelligence, after he played two years at junior college and two years in Division II.
3. Ladarius Green TE Louisiana-Lafayette 6'6/240. Will need to bulk up and improve his blocking skills, but gives us a TE that creates match-up problems for the defense. Idea is to use him similar to Gronkowski and Graham. Don't think he is going to be available later.
3. Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State, 5'9/216. Had a productive career from a small school. Built like a rock and can catch out of the back field. I envision him to be Gore's eventual replacement. Give him 2 years getting situational carries and then let him take the reins in year 3.
4. Omar Bolden, CB, AZ State, 5'10/200, ran a good 40, strong, 1st Team All Pac-10
5. Pursue depth at OLB. Two targets are Jacquies Smith, DE/OLB, Missouri, 6-2/255 and junior Donte Paige-Moss, DE/OLB, North Carolina, 6'4/260. Smith seems like the safe pick here and would provide good depth. Paige-Moss seems like he has a lot of potential if his off-field issues could be resolved and he heals from a torn ACL. He flashed great potential and skill, but his immaturity led to him being passed on the depth chart. My pick is Paige-Moss as he seems to have more upside that could be developed.
6. Add another big bodies receiver as insurance/development. Gerell Robinson, WR, Az State 6'3/220. Was a top 20 WR out of HS but had unproductive seasons his first 3 years. Came on his senior year but has some deficiencies in his game. Played in Senior Bowl: 2 catches for 64 yards, one was a 41yd TD. The other option here is Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas, 6-3/217. Was a top end talent until he had a knee injury. Played in East-West Shrine game: 3 catches for 8,7,11 yds all for first downs. My pick is Greg Childs. Kind of a toss-up.
7. Adrian Hamilton, DE/OLB, Prairie View. HS Teammate of Crabtree, 20.5 sacks this last year. Intriguing developmental guy and provides depth to LB corps.
Elvis Akpla, WR, Montana State
Chris Owusa, WR, Stanford (possibly take him in 7th opposed to Hamilton)
[ Edited by Castle on Mar 7, 2012 at 6:47 PM ]