Tavares Gooden, Resign
Blake Costanzo, Resign
Larry Grant RFA-tender
Brett Swain RFA-Not retained
C.J. Spillman Resigned
Cut:
Spencer

Draft:
As our offense was the weak point of this team, I feel it deserves most of the attention in the draft.Trade our 1st (#30) to Dolphins for their 2nd (#42) and 3rd (#73). Dolphins move up to draft Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M
2. Select best available WR at this spot. Possible WR here: Sanu, Randle, Criner, Hill. My pick is Stephen Hill WR, GA Tech, 6'4/200, he might be a stretch here to some or too low to others...if he is available he provides us a big body and reliable hands in the red zone.
2. Select best OG available at this spot. My pick is Amini Silatolu OG, Midwestern State,6'3/324. Transition to G shouldn't be a problem with his athleticism. Possesses on-field nastiness and hustle to help teammates, NFL coaches will get even more out of him. Scouts will have major questions about his level of competition, as well as his football and general intelligence, after he played two years at junior college and two years in Division II.

3. Ladarius Green TE Louisiana-Lafayette 6'6/240. Will need to bulk up and improve his blocking skills, but gives us a TE that creates match-up problems for the defense. Idea is to use him similar to Gronkowski and Graham. Don't think he is going to be available later.
3. Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State, 5'9/216. Had a productive career from a small school. Built like a rock and can catch out of the back field. I envision him to be Gore's eventual replacement. Give him 2 years getting situational carries and then let him take the reins in year 3.
4. Omar Bolden, CB, AZ State, 5'10/200, ran a good 40, strong, 1st Team All Pac-10
5. Pursue depth at OLB. Two targets are Jacquies Smith, DE/OLB, Missouri, 6-2/255 and junior Donte Paige-Moss, DE/OLB, North Carolina, 6'4/260. Smith seems like the safe pick here and would provide good depth. Paige-Moss seems like he has a lot of potential if his off-field issues could be resolved and he heals from a torn ACL. He flashed great potential and skill, but his immaturity led to him being passed on the depth chart. My pick is Paige-Moss as he seems to have more upside that could be developed.
6. Add another big bodies receiver as insurance/development. Gerell Robinson, WR, Az State 6'3/220. Was a top 20 WR out of HS but had unproductive seasons his first 3 years. Came on his senior year but has some deficiencies in his game. Played in Senior Bowl: 2 catches for 64 yards, one was a 41yd TD. The other option here is Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas, 6-3/217. Was a top end talent until he had a knee injury. Played in East-West Shrine game: 3 catches for 8,7,11 yds all for first downs. My pick is Greg Childs. Kind of a toss-up.
7. Adrian Hamilton, DE/OLB, Prairie View. HS Teammate of Crabtree, 20.5 sacks this last year. Intriguing developmental guy and provides depth to LB corps.

UDFA
Elvis Akpla, WR, Montana State
Chris Owusa, WR, Stanford (possibly take him in 7th opposed to Hamilton)
[ Edited by Castle on Mar 7, 2012 at 6:47 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Castle:
Trade 1st for a mid round 2nd and 3rd. Trade next year's 4th and this year's 6th and 7th for another 4th. I list players that should be available, because I know people will disagree with when these players would be available. This is also dependent on basically re-signing everyone with a few exceptions (Chilo Rachal, Shawntee Spencer, Moran Norris)
2-DE/OLB-Andre Branch, Jared Crick, Vinny Curry, Chandler Jones, or Bruce Irvin
2-WR-Brian Quick, Reuben Randle, Dwight Jones, or Stephen Hill
3-TE-Ladarius Green
3-CB-Trumaine Johnson, Josh Norman, Donnie Fletcher, or Casey Hayward
4-OG-Brandon Brooks or Lucas Nix
4-RB-Robert Turbin
5-WR-Juron Criner, Gerell Robinson, or Greg Childs

I like many others feel an improved pass rush would improve the secondary and feel the secondary is improving. The rookie CB would add competition and would possibly consider adding Carr from KC. The CB class is deep allowing a later pick. The two big wide receivers could compete against each other. Ladarius Green, while needing to bulk up, provides an additional threat. The OG class is deep but there in the fourth round there is no telling if the OGs available would be able to provide competition for the starting job. A RB I think is essential as insurance against Frank Gore getting injured and Dixon dances too much before hitting the hole. Robert Turbin seems to be a good value. I think we could get away with one FB and have Delanie Walker back up Bruce Miller.

I like the idea. I don't think many teams will trade for the following years 4th round pick however.

I think all your picks adress needs. Although there are a lot of talented WRs going in the 1st round so I'd like to know more about some of the WRs you have us drafting.
Suggestion for you......................don't be vague. Figure out who you think is going to be available at each pick and choose one.
Share 49ersWebzone