There are 118 users in the forums

Luck trade reality

The only reason the Colts trade Luck is due to feeling that they can win 1 more superbowl with Manning. It is clear that they are lacking talent not just at the QB spot. Therefore, any trade for Luck would require veterans. I think we could trade Joe Staley, Bowman, our 1st, 2nd, 4th this year and our first next year. We could resign Grant who played lights out. We then move Boone to tackle with Davis playing the other spot. This thread is for veterans and draft pic combo discussions. If you want to discuss just draft picks post in the other thread.
we dont need luck

its not worth the trade up
If I were the colts GM, i would trade down with Cleveland and get a lot plus draft griffin and let him learn in the bench while manning plays for his last couple of years.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
If I were the colts GM, i would trade down with Cleveland and get a lot plus draft griffin and let him learn in the bench while manning plays for his last couple of years.

thats what i would do too

in reality us trading for luck will make us worse than better
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

You made Keyshawn angry!!!!!! lol

We'll trade for Jeffery or Floyd long before we trade for Luck. They'd cost half as much in terms of picks and I think JH wants Luck to do his own thing in the NFL.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 5, 2012 at 6:16 PM ]
I dont think the Colts would take that deal.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/161769-trade-for-andrew-luck/
Player trades are rare. You have to consider the cap here as well.

It's just not reallistic. If they choose to trade Peyton they will take the boat load of picks. Highly unlikely though.
Pipe dream

Trade a pro-bowl tackle on a line that needs upgrading as it is, and a future pro-bowler on a defense that we've just gotten right after a decade of work, plus 3 high draft picks for a guy that hasn't played a down in the NFL and at a position where we already have a guy who led us to 13-3.

I swear some of you guys need your heads examined.

WE ARE NOT DRAFTING ANDREW LUCK.
would not want this at all!!!!!!!!!!! way too much...luck will be running for his life and our linebacking core will take too much of a big hit
There is already a thread on this.
Share 49ersWebzone